Huron Consulting Group Lead Business Analyst (India)-Healthcare in Bangalore, India
Enables change in an organizational context by defining needs and recommending solutions. Responsible for analysis of complex business system problems to be solved with automated systems. Provides support in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that meet user requirements. Configures system settings and options, plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements. May provide consultation to users in the area of automated systems and assess available technology and recommend solutions. Defines specifications and data models for product development and testing and uses development specifications to create detailed test cases and analyze results. Working under limited supervision independently or as a member of a project team in Huron's Corporate IT Digital Business Solutions team, the Senior Business Analyst has accountability for the strategic planning and overall quality of the implemented solutions across Huron’s corporate groups and practice areas that will deliver value and achieve business objectives.
• Facilitates communications with product stakeholders to understand product needs and priorities.
• Elicits business and functional requirements and prepares requirement documentation as it pertains to new products, tools or solutions.
• Reviews the as-is and future state business processes and leads business units in the preparation of business process mapping and departmental procedures and reviews the as-is and future state processes.
• Recommends efficient models and work flow processes illustrated through the use process modeling using various notation (use cases, business process diagrams, workflows, swim lanes).
• Learns about a specific business needs rapidly through analysis by using fit/gap analysis, feasibility studies, and business cases.
• Develops detailed expertise in a line of business.
• Composes detailed, unambiguous and testable requirements for the desired or proposed solution.
• Formulates use cases for requirements, RFPs and acceptance testing, verifying that the software meets the business requirements Prioritizes requirements with stakeholders.
• Conducts in-depth market research and white space analysis to support new solution development
• Identifies features that will add value to our clients and businesses.
• Works side-by-side with appropriate teams to represent the customer, setting priorities when conflicts arise and answering specific requirements questions.
• Contributes toward overall project success on up to 5 projects with medium to high complexity at a time.
• Facilitates the implementation of system modifications and expansions as well as new system releases.
• Uses technical and business knowledge to challenge designs to ensure solutions ultimately achieve the business need.
• Communicates to company stakeholders on upcoming product features and key messages through written and verbal communication, including product demonstrations in person and through web conferencing.
• Coordinates user acceptance tests, training and communication as needed.
• Enables change throughout the organization.
• Assist in the development and execution of best practices, techniques, business architecture governance and tools as needed by the PMO.
• Reviews peer requirements and provides mentorship to other Business Analysts.
• 2+ years as a product business analyst (product business analyst highly preferred).
• Experience leading teams of business experts through requirements gathering processes with detective-like awareness to understand true business need.
• Strong communication skills and excellent follow-through.
• Ability to adapt quickly to new and changing business and technical environments. Strong problem solving skills coupled with strong technical skills and a deep understanding of customer's needs so that they can be transformed into clear and comprehensive requirements.
• Basic knowledge of key concepts and processes within the Software Development Life Cycle and experience using Agile software development methods is preferred.
• Advanced skills using Microsoft Excel.
• Basic skills/familiarity with other Microsoft business products (Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Windows) required.
• The position will involve approximately 10-20% travel.
• Product business analyst, preferably for an external customer facing legal or electronic discovery application or with a consulting firm. Candidates without formal product business analyst training, but with commensurate experience in electronic discovery or consulting will be considered.
• Understanding of relational database architectures and tools, as well as intermediate T-SQL skills, is desired.
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.
We offer a competitive compensation/benefits package. Huron is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, compensate, transfer, promote and train without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, age, FMLA status or any other basis protected by law.
Job ID: JR-0002110
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Requisition ID: 10487
Huron Consulting Group
- Huron Consulting Group Jobs