Stericycle, Inc. Healthcare Specialist Bronx NY in Bronx, New York
The Healthcare Specialist is responsible for providing strategic guidance towards the compliant, safe and efficient handling and processing of all Waste Streams contracted by the facility(s). Ensures the services provided to the facility(s) by Stericycle consistently meet service expectations, regulatory and safety compliance measures, and are provided in a productive and profitable manner.
Key Job Activities:
• Monitors the performance of operational efficiencies and assist in ensuring that their performance and cost goals are being achieved by utilizing cost tracking tools and reviewing invoices for accuracy. Identifies and executes ways to reduce costs while still fulfilling contractual obligations
• Provides strategic consultative resources to hospital staff to assist them in managing all contracted waste streams in a safe and compliant manner. Serve as the primary liaison in managing all contracted waste streams
• Provides expert knowledge as needed on each of the regulations associated with the waste streams being managed (i.e., EPA, DOT, DEA, and any other state or local regulations)
• Conduct Survey for customers identifying compliance gaps and waste segregation opportunities utilizing the Virtual Compliance Partner application
• Project manage implementation of new compliance-based services including the tracking, coordinating, and communication of schedules and expectations to internal and external customers. Develop and deliver customized training for the implementation and maintenance of the contract
• Regularly schedule and complete customer-facing activity with focus on service satisfaction, building relationships, and identifying ways to improve operational efficiencies and profitability
• Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Preferred Education: in Bachelors
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, with experience in healthcare discipline preferred, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating detailed knowledge of OSHA and/or EPA-RCRA and/or U.S. DOT, and/or The Joint Commission Standards
• 3+ years of experience in the healthcare industry, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating excellent working knowledge of medical waste issues and the healthcare industry, and consultative skills to effectively deal with customers. Candidate is confident with public speaking duties
• Demonstrates the ability to work well with others, and provide excellent customer service, both internally and externally
• Demonstrates the ability to identify and understand customer needs; takes appropriate actions to ensure customer needs are met while also meeting Stericycle expectations
• Demonstrates the ability to present ideas/information in a clear, concise, organized, and diplomatic manner; asks appropriate questions to obtain information; listen to others to respond effectively to ideas and questions. Presents prepared information to groups in a manner that is clear & concise, holds their interest, and addresses their needs or concerns.
• Always demonstrates a professional work ethic and professional appearance
• Independent, self-motivated who can meet goals and objectives that have been outlined by Senior Team. Demonstrates time management skills, working in an autonomous environment
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Stericycle offers a competitive salary and full benefits package including tuition reimbursement and job specific certifications included but not limited to forklift certification.
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws. To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.
It is the policy of Stericycle, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, to hire the best qualified people available without regard to race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, religion, status with regard to public assistance, order of protection status, disability, or veteran status.