Mathematica Healthcare Analytics Sales Engineer in Chicago, Illinois
- Position Description*:
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength.
We are looking for a Healthcare Analytics Sales Engineer to join our Digital Services business development and strategy team in our health analytic systems and technology (AST) group. This person will be the customer’s first touch point with Mathematica and will maintain the client relationship throughout the client’s entire experience at Mathematica. This person will serve as a bridge between the customer and internal technical experts, working to introduce Mathematica digital services and solutions to customers, and to understand and translate the customer’s wants and needs into technical requirements and specifications. This person will also facilitate the proposal for the client and ultimate contracting with the customer taking into account the client’s timeline, specifications, and budget.
Key activities for Healthcare Analytics Sales Engineers include the following:
- Contribute to the strategic framework for Mathematica’s ongoing business development activities in commercial markets
- Develop and deliver presentations, demonstrations, and prototypes to demonstrate use cases of our digital services and solutions to the customer
- Conduct active outreach to potential partners – including cold and warm calling, live product demonstrations (online and in person) – and participate in the formation and management of teaming and subcontractor agreements
- Participate in the development of budget specifications and review budget materials for proposals and other client engagements
- Respond to inquiries and technical and functional requirements of RFP’s
Work collaboratively across technology and advisory services teams to ensure client are receiving the full spectrum of our offerings
- Position Requirements*:
BA/BS in an appropriate field such as business administration, marketing, engineering, or a related field (preference for someone with both business and technology training)
- 5 – 7+ years of relevant technical sales experience for digital cloud products, services, and solutions to customers in the Healthcare & Life Sciences industries
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with clients and other external stakeholders
- Strong technical skills, including expertise in data analytics and business intelligence tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Adept problem solver and critical thinking skills
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically to customers as needed and appropriate
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample that demonstrates analytic thinking (preferably illustrating research or analysis skills on a policy-related topic), transcripts (unofficial or official), and contact information for three references. You will be asked to attach these materials during the online application process.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Available locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Chicago, IL; Ann Arbor, MI; Oakland, CA; Seattle, WA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Mathematica Jobs