Huron Consulting Group Operations Business Partner, Healthcare in Chicago, Illinois
Huron is redefining what a global consulting organization can be. Advancing new ideas every day to build even stronger clients, individuals and communities. We’re helping our clients find new ways to drive growth, enhance business performance and sustain leadership in the markets they serve. And, we’re developing strategies and implementing solutions that enable the transformative change they need to own their future.
As a member of the Huron corporate team, you’ll help to evolve our business model to stay ahead of market forces, industry trends and client needs. Our accounting, finance, human resources, IT, legal, marketing and facilities management professionals work collaboratively to support Huron’s collective strategies and enable real transformation to produce sustainable business results.
Join our team and create your future
Huron’s Healthcare Operations team provides support and counsel to our consulting practices and plays an integral part in the success of our business operations. As business advisors, members of our Healthcare Corporate team have a unique opportunity to partner with practice leaders to support the high level of growth our Healthcare practice continues to experience. In a culture that embraces collaboration and innovation, our people have the opportunity to make impact in projects and initiatives that are advancing our practice in the market.
We currently have a highly visible opportunity for an accomplished operations business partner and team leader who will impact the strategy and operations of Huron Healthcare, our largest practice.
Huron Healthcare is seeking a strong financial operations professional with the ability to drive business results and support effective and efficient operations in a dynamic and rapidly growing environment. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Operations for Huron Healthcare, the Director of Operations will work closely with several Huron Healthcare leaders to help manage the financial operations of their businesses. Key responsibilities include a broad range of activities from providing financial management to supporting the strategic direction of the businesses. This position supports a new, but quickly growing “business unit” that totals over -500 practice personnel and approximately $60M in annual net revenue.
• Partner with and advise business leaders on the financial operations of the business; execute on action items based on the state of the business
• Understand and interpret the key performance metrics and financial drivers of the business; proactively seek out and distill information into meaningful business intelligence; help summarize and define potential actions items to effectively manage the business; make recommendations to drive profitability at both the engagement and business unit levels
• Lead the coordination and communication across support functions (HR, staffing, recruiting, finance & accounting, other) to optimize operational effectiveness of supported businesses.
• Oversee the summary of key activities including financial management, revenue forecasting, revenue recognition support, pricing analysis, budgeting and forecasting, performing ad hoc analysis and special project work
• Provide strategic analysis and support as needed including methodology development, three-year plans and acquisition support, when applicable
• Lead the annual budget and quarterly forecast process by solution; develop in coordination with the VP of Operations and other practice leaders; maintain good understanding of variances between budget and forecast information to actual financial results
• Create deliverables for key solution meetings, present relevant financial information and key operations messages to various audiences
• Educate practice personnel including leadership on financial and operational content and processes
• U.S. work authorization required
• Bachelor’s degree, ideally in finance or accounting
• Minimum 10 years of experience in an operations business partner role, reporting to senior management, for a material business segment within a consulting [professional services] firm or other large complex company environment
• This position is based in our downtown Chicago office. Relocation is not provided. Travel requirement is minimal (0-10%).
• MBA or other graduate business degree is preferred
• Strong financial background in budgeting, forecasting, accounting, and financial operations
• A team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives
• Superior management and coaching skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
• Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Excellent communication skills; ability to interface with diverse set of stakeholders including practice and company leaders
• Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented and proactive
• Exceptional PC skills; proficiency in Microsoft Excel, working knowledge of Microsoft Access, Word and PowerPoint
• Experience with business intelligence tools and reporting
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.
Huron Consulting Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage to employees and dependents; a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match; an employee stock purchase plan; a generous Paid Time Off policy; and paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Our Wellness Program supports employee total well-being by providing free annual health screenings and coaching, bank at work, and on-site workshops, as well as ongoing programs recognizing major events in the lives of our employees throughout the year. All benefits and programs are subject to applicable eligibility requirements.
Huron is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity to job applicants and employees in recruitment, hiring, employment, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Huron will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, religion, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, creed, citizenship or any other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we do business. We endeavor to maintain a drug-free workplace. Huron will consider qualified applications with criminal history in accordance with applicable laws.
Job ID: JR0001679
Category: Corporate - Operations
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Requisition ID: 10130
Huron Consulting Group
- Huron Consulting Group Jobs