Walgreens Senior Product Manager Healthcare in CHICAGO, Illinois
Responsible for the strategic development of new Healthcare features for the key product areas that serve to strengthen traffic, customer experience, revenue growth and profitability for the Company. Creates complex new product design blueprints and/or specifications and translates them into user requirements that generate a finished high quality commercialized Healthcare product that provide the company with a passionate advantage.
Works closely with the engineering team, other Product Managers and business stakeholders to define, guide, and deliver on Healthcare product priorities and ensure a effective rollout and utilization.
• Guides multiple, complex product development projects, simultaneously, in support of the goals and goals of the Product Management function. Responsible for working closely with the tactical level and with peers cross-functionally and where applicable, the producer function to migrate creative product design concepts into finished, scalable, high quality commercialized goods that provide the Company with a passionate advantage in the marketplace relative to its portfolio of products.
• Partners cross-functionally with other product managers, development team and stakeholders to gather product requirements into a captivating product vision and a quantified, flexible and executable roadmap. Represents scrum teams in front of executive sponsors, business process owners and stakeholders.
• Serves as a voice of the program on the expectations of customers on new or already existing products by communicating objective and goals for product features and sprints to the team.
• Leverages broad knowledge and experience, engineering ethics, technologies, product characteristics in providing guidance to technical teams and writes vibrant user stories and acceptance criteria to ensure the team has a thorough understanding of the product.
• Closely monitors progress on projects including the development of prototypes and models, where appropriate. Based on the close monitoring, this role may negotiate modifications to original specifications or deadlines as technical challenges, failures or other project issues arise.
• Communicates the concept of the product roadmap to a variety of audiences, including, highlighting the product features in a manner clearly understandable to the development team.
• Conducts and supports backlog grooming meetings. Manages and develops well-groomed product backlog, based on a balance of business priorities, technical dependencies/restrictions, and product concept represented in the roadmap
• Makes all critical decisions regarding functionality and priority in the sprint. Attends sprint planning and demo meetings to give feedback on sprint achievement, as well as to scrum team.
• Measures product performance as well as value delivered in order to make adjustments where necessary. Continually assesses product value stream to identify areas that require improvements. Analyzes customer beliefs and feedback to choose features or components that will add good value to a product.
• Provides actionable understandings to improve product performance and profitability. May coordinates with outside vendors and strategic partners to ensure that product initiatives are well-defined and delivered on time and within budget.
• May serve as a resource to other product managers, assisting them in the resolution of semi-complex problems or may lead them on larger projects.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
Job ID: 640577BR
Title: Senior Product Manager Healthcare
Company Indicator: Walgreens
Job Function: Health Care-Administration
Full Store Address: 433 W VAN BUREN STREET,CHICAGO,IL 60607
Full District Office Address: 433 W VAN BUREN STREET,CHICAGO,IL,60607-00433-04579-2
External Basic Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree at least 4 years of experience in Product Management, Technical Product Management or operational experience in the Healthcare Sector, leading change & continuous improvement OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in Product Management, Technical Product Management or operational experience in the Healthcare Sector, leading change & continuous improvement
Experience working on all aspects of the product management lifecycle
Experience working with advanced process design product management/development principles
Experience managing large scope, complex projects with multiple partner teams that span multiple releases or phases.
Experience translating complex topics into clear business-speak
Experience influencing & communicating reasons for change
At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace.
At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
MBA or Master’s Degree
7+ years of experience in the healthcare product management
Experience developing a product roadmap and leading scrum teams
Proficient in product enablement tools (e.g. Atlassian product tools, Miro, InVision, Aha)
- Walgreens Jobs