Centene Corporation Data Analyst III (Healthcare Analytics) - Florida / Missouri / North Carolina in Clayton, Missouri
You could be the one who changes everything for our 25 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, multi-national organization, you’ll have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
This opening is for a Data Analyst III (Healthcare Analytics). In this role, you will perform and lead various analysis and interpretation to link business needs and objectives for assigned function and implement process improvements.
As a Data Analyst III (Healthcare Analytics), you will:
• Have the opportunity to make a significant impact through the discovery, development, and implementation of leading-edge analytics that answer important business questions.
• Collaborate with key corporate and health plan business partners for the purpose of identifying and delivering robust reporting and analytics capabilities to drive improved business performance.
• Interpret and analyze data from multiple sources including claims, provider, member, and encounters data.
• Identify and assess the business impact of trends.
• Develop, maintain, and troubleshoot complex scripts and reports developed using SQL, Microsoft Excel, or other analytics tools.
• Contribute to the planning and execution of large-scale projects with limited direction from leadership.
• Assist in the design, testing, and implementation of process enhancements and identify opportunities for automation.
• Identify and perform root-cause analysis of data irregularities and present findings and proposed solutions to leadership and/or customers.
• Manage multiple, variable tasks and data review processes with limited supervision within targeted timelines and thrive in a demanding, quickly changing environment.
• Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how customers interact with analytic products.
• Partner cross-functionally at all levels of the organization and effectively, both verbally and visually, communicate findings and insights to non-technical business partners.
• Independently engage with customers and business partners to gather requirements and validate results.
• Communicate and present data-driven insights and recommendations to both internal and external stakeholders, soliciting and incorporating feedback when required.
• Provide technical guidance to junior analysts.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package:
• Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility
• Competitive pay
• Paid Time Off including paid holidays
• Health insurance coverage for you and dependents
• 401(k) and stock purchase plans
• Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development
• Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, statistics, mathematics, actuarial science, public health, health informatics, healthcare administration, finance or a related field or equivalent experience.
• 4+ years of experience working with large databases, data verification, and data management.
• 4+ years of statistical analysis or data analysis experience.
• Healthcare analytics experience.
• Ability to integrate, validate, and reconcile data from multiple sources as well as design and construct analysis tools that extract, prepare, analyze, and store/present results to support business needs.
• Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g., VLOOKUP, Pivot tables, queries [e.g., VBA]).
Successful candidates in this role will have the ability to :
• Strengthen personal customer relationships with support from manager or senior analysts.
• Assist in the development of presentation materials for senior management.
• Deliver results to customer for ad hoc analysis with significant input from manager.
• Develop ability to translate abstract business needs into analytic framework with significant support, beginning to propose solutions with no direction.
• Perform root cause analysis and validation.
• Identify and resolve data issues and communicate limitations to manager and team.
• Troubleshoot or update existing SQL scripts and inherited code.
• Demonstrate ability to validate results against available reports, dashboards and financials.
• Demonstrate ability to deliver on-time and accurate results for less complicated analytic tasks (i.e., direct pull from core data sources or results readily available from enterprise tools) with limited input from supervisor.
• Demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects to on-time delivery.
• Independently work with IT partners to consult on scaling/automation of ad hoc analysis as prioritized by business need.
• Step into role as key point of contact for business partners in designated area (market, product, solution).
• Demonstrate professionalism and ability to take and give constructive feedback.
• Understand key data sources and reporting tools.
• Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the industry (claims process, HBR, Medicaid/Medicare/Marketplace, Case Management, financial statements, etc.).
• Understand the basic functions of different roles at health plans (finance, med mgmt, operations, network, etc.)
• Become a SME for a preexisting process or data domain.
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of relationship between teams in and out of HCA and how the work impacts the business and customers.
• Project management experience.
• Experience managing projects or heavy involvement in project implementation.
• Large-scale process improvement or process experience.
• Knowledge of query development using SQL or other coding languages.
• Knowledge of basic statistical, analytical techniques including basic data modeling, trend analysis, and root-cause analysis.
• Working knowledge of any of the following analytical tools, including SAS, MicroStrategy, PowerBI, Tableau, Teradata or related tools.
• Working knowledge of relational databases.
• Working knowledge of JIRA.
• Experience in provider contracting, claims pricing, financial reporting/analysis, data modeling, statistical modeling, data science, or geospatial/reimbursement analysis.
• Experience working closely with accounting & finance business partners, using analytic techniques & tools to explore financial performance trends, or regulatory reporting with external agencies.
• Familiarity with claims data, utilization, rate setting, risk adjustment, or member eligibility and reconciliation.
• Experience with HEDIS, NCQA, Medicare STARS Rating System, QRS, or other quality measures.
• Experience with report development and self-service capabilities.
This position is based in Tampa, Florida; Clayton, Missouri or Charlotte, North Carolina. There is a hybrid component where you could work remotely for 2 to 3 days a week and in the Tampa, Florida; Clayton, Missouri or Charlotte, North Carolina office the remaining days. There may also be times where there are required team meetings in the office.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
TITLE: Data Analyst III (Healthcare Analytics) - Florida / Missouri / North Carolina
LOCATION: Clayton, Missouri
- Centene Corporation Jobs