Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Manager, North American Healthcare Compliance in Durham, North Carolina
Do you want to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies - develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 100 countries and regions.
Grifols has been a leader in the healthcare industry since 1909 by creating innovative products and services based on the values of ethics, quality and responsibility. Grifols' activities focus on fulfilling the needs of its patients as well as healthcare professionals working in therapeutics, pharmacy, diagnostics and blood banking. For more than 100 years, Grifols has developed, manufactured and marketed product designed to improve human health. Grifols manufactures plasma derived biopharmaceutical products of proven efficacy, quality and safety. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.grifols.com
Candidate will join the North American Healthcare Compliance Team as Manager, NA Healthcare Compliance. Position is located in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. The Team works in North America and globally to promote company policy consistent with applicable laws, industry best practice, and ethical values. The Team manages a comprehensive North American Healthcare Compliance program and supports due diligence activities worldwide.
The Manager will be responsible for compliance activities for Grifols Diagnostic Solutions and Grifols Laboratory Solutions while supporting other North American divisions as needed. The Manager has expertise in the area, works with minimal oversight, and provides guidance to other team members in the area. The Manager has experience as an individual contributor and is developing personnel management skills, becoming an effective team leader.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Manages compliance and ethics activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct within the company
● Works to implement the seven elements of an effective compliance program
● Investigates compliance issues/ concerns within the organization
● Supports department leadership in identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, developing strategies for mitigation, and implementing improvements
● Conducts monitoring and auditing activities, analyzes data, and provides summary reports to department leadership
● Ensures proper reporting to US government and enforcement agencies as appropriate and/ or required
● Serves as a knowledgeable resource for internal Grifols customers
● Serves as a departmental expert on a topic within his or her role's scope (eg. a business unit the senior manager supports, a compliance functional area he or she leads, etc.)
● Engage with internal customers and become a resource to them for guidance
● Liaises with global compliance colleagues
● Available for travel (when safe to do so) 25% primarily within the US
Skills/Qualifications/Education: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, education, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
● Bachelor’s degree; Must hold at least one compliance certification or will obtain one within one year of employment
● 6 years’ relevant experience requirement; US healthcare compliance experience required
● Available to travel within US 25%
● Ability to apply US and international anti-corruption laws and regulations to complex business situations with consultation
● Ability to apply US healthcare compliance laws and regulations to complex business situations with consultation
● Knowledge of AdvaMed Code, PhRMA Code, and other industry standards
● Growing knowledge or experience with US and international healthcare business operations
● Ability to conduct audits. Ability to recommend corrective action and track implementation
● Ability to develop quality presentations and deliver presentations to small and moderately-sized audiences. Ability to deliver training live or electronically with proficiency
● Ability to draft policies and procedures. Ability to provide constructive feedback
● Contributes to investigation plans and supports investigations
● Ability to support State and Federal reporting
● Ability to identify risks, explore options, and recommend solutions through critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills. Excellent planning, project management, and research skills.
● Strong interpersonal skills. Strong verbal and writing skills. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and with partners around the globe. Ability to communicate clearly with direct reports
● Strong ethics, concern for standards, and desire to help others do the right thing
● Able to perform duties with the highest degree of confidentiality, objectivity, and fairness
● Ability to work independently
● Able to develop quality presentations and deliver presentations to any size audience
- Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level requires a Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of experience, an equivalency cold include 8 years of experience, an Associate’s degree with 6 years of experience or a Master’s degree with 2 years of experience
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment. Frequently sits for 4-6 hours per day. Repetitive hand movement of one hand with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Frequently walks. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 35lbs. Frequently drives to site locations and travels within the United States. Able to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Ability to apply abstract principles to solve complex conceptual issues. Performs a wide range of complex tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Plans work assignments to meet objectives.
Req ID: 311908
Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc
- Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Jobs