CDI Healthcare Insurance Denials Specialist in East Amherst, New York
As an Insurance Denials Specialist you will investigate and determine the reason for a denied or unpaid claim, and take necessary steps to expedite the medical billing and collections of the accounts receivable. At CDI our passion for our patients, customers and purpose requires teamwork and dedication from all of our associates. Working in a team environment, you'll communicate with patients, insurance carriers, co-workers, and referral sources in a timely, effective manner. This is a full-time position with flexible working hours during the day.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Creates a positive experience for every customer, every day by believing in and practicing The Experience
(95%) Insurance Denial Follow-up
- Accurately and efficiently reviews denied claim information using the payer's explanation of benefits, website, and by making outbound phone calls to the payer's provider relations department for a specific denial type or payer
- Reviews and obtains appropriate information or documentation from claim re-submission for all denied services, per insurance guidelines and requirements
- Communicates with patients, insurance carriers, co-workers, and referral sources in a timely, effective manner to expedite the billing and collection of accounts receivable
- Documents all communications with coworkers, patients, and payer sources in the billing system
- Contributes to the steady reduction of the days-sales-outstanding (DSO), increases monthly gross collections and increases percentage of collections
- Collaborates with supervisor on prioritization of work to enhance bottom line results and achievement of the most important objectives
- Contributes to a team environment
- Makes and organizes notes to track workflow and identify trends to communicate to departmental leaders
- Meets or exceeds RCM Quality Assurance standards
- Ensures timely follow-up and completion of all daily tasks and responsibilities
(5%) Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year experience in a medical billing department, provider front office, the Company's imaging center operations, prior authorization department or payer claim processing department
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Graduate of an accredited medical billing program
- Knowledge of ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS codes
Be a part of something bigger -- join our team in transforming lives through remarkable service. CDI is a national provider network of medical imaging and related services. Through our collection of partnerships, we deliver our trademark customer service and high-quality services to enhance patient care in more than 35 states, offering a wide range of screening, diagnostic and interventional procedures that complement each community's needs.
CDI is an EO Employer/Vets/Disabled.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled