Amazon Web Services EMEA Sales Operations & Strategy Lead, Healthcare & Life Sciences in London, United Kingdom
Do you want to be a part of how cloud technology will transform the world? For more than 11 years, Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 100 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—to power their infrastructure. The AWS Strategic Industries organization supports Fortune 200 enterprise organizations with multi-national operations and decentralized IT decision making in their journey to AWS. Within the AWS Strategic Industries organization, the Sales Strategy, Operations and Enablement (SSOE) team is responsible for supporting commercial Leadership, Management, and field teams in achieving our organizational objectives, delivering customer outcomes, and enabling continuous improvements in field productivity. We drive efficiency, predictability and rigor in our operating cadence, and promote inter-connected business planning and operations, enabling the field to serve the customer the way they want to be served. Our stakeholders are broad, internal to AWS and external, multi-national and distributed across the globe. We serve them with integrity and discipline, and dedication to superb customer outcomes.
Inclusive Culture. Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work/Life Harmony. Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship and Career Growth. Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Are you passionate about solving complex business problems, diving into data, driving process improvement and leading change throughout an organization? The Strategic Industries Business Unit is seeking an experienced Sales Operations Lead to partner with our strategic account management teams in order to define, land, and execute against our strategic priorities. This leader will partner with strategic accounts sales operations and sales leadership to own sales operations for account teams, globally and will create and implement success metrics for the organization as well as drive process improvement and productivity initiatives. This role will partner with Sales Leadership and other cross-functional teams to develop standard metrics to measure productivity and success of programs, automate and optimize operational processes, and invent new ways of diving deep with data to uncover actionable insights that help us serve our internal and external customers. They will be responsible for looking around corners and measuring the performance of the organization, supplying their sales leadership with relevant and timely insights on the health of their business, and will effectively manage the operating cadence for the team.
The successful candidate has excellent business and sales acumen, strong communication and collaboration skills, deep analytics experience, broad technical skills, and a demonstrated ability to both execute and influence. They must be willing to roll up their sleeves, dive deep to lean, be comfortable working within ambiguity, and have a passion for driving operational excellence.
The AWS Healthcare & Life Sciences (HCLS) Industry is seeking an experienced Sales Strategy & Operations Lead to partner with the HCLS EMEA Sales Leader to define, land and execute against the organization’s strategic priorities in the region. This role is responsible for everything from helping the Sales Leader define local market strategies and programs through to the day to day execution of the business operations. This role serves as the trusted advisor to EMEA Sales Leader and the regional sales team, supporting their business operations both tactically and strategically.
As Sales Operations Lead, your role is critical and highly visible across the organization. Your key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Contribute to global HCLS industry strategy and vision, and partner with EMEA HCLS sales leader to drive execution in the region
· Participate to the definition of the goals, drive programs, tooling, and dashboards to meet the rapid growth of the business and achieve attainment of strategic objectives
· Collaborate with other operations managers to identify and implement best practices across regions.
· Track and report key performance indicators, goals, efficiency and trend analyses during monthly business reviews
· Lead strategic planning and annual planning activities for EMEA account teams
· Develop management dashboards and reports that are actionable and automated
· Drive process improvement and change management – lead and deliver training
· Create and manage the operating cadence for account teams
· Prepare ad hoc analysis & participate on projects as needed
· Analyze data and trends to make informed recommendations to managers and drive change
· Define requirements for specific tooling to support processes and optimize their day to day work
· Ensure consistent and efficient execution of all functions by working closely with internal business partners and stakeholders to drive adoption and implementation of global standards, processes and programs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Minimum 6 years of leading a divisional operations function or similar responsibilities supporting sales functions
· Business Operations, Sales Operations, Sales Enablement, Marketing Operations or similar functional background
· Experience in multiple organizational programs such as goals setting, training and enablement, curriculum development, organizational development, and metrics development including dashboarding and scorecarding
· Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
· Expertise with Salesforce
· Experience with Tableau or other BI/analytics tools
· Bachelor’s degree
· MBA or other advanced degree
· Sales, Account Management or Customer Success experience
· Experience with SQL
· Strong financial, analytical, and communication skills with the ability to think strategically about business challenges using data
· Ability to convey operational status and issues to multiple levels of the organization with the appropriate level of detail and clarity
· Ability to think strategically about business challenges
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to ruthlessly prioritize competing demands
· Ability to build effective working relationship with account management, and sales operations teams and drive resolution when conflicts or issues arise.
· Possess solid interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively organize and communicate with cross-functional teams
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
· Able to work in a diverse team
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs