Pfizer Inc. Senior Healthcare Representative, XELJANZ - PIH BU - Long Island East,, NY in Long Island, New York
This position will report to the District Sales Manager and will support the field based launch and selling efforts for XELJANZ. This position will require travel and may require some weekly overnights. No relocation is available for this position. The ideal candidate should live within the territory.
The Specialty Healthcare Representative is responsible for increasing the level of awareness and sales for XELJANZ within assigned geography.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Accountable to meet or exceed sales and tactical business objectives for XELJANZ
• Maintains an in-depth and sophisticated knowledge of disease state and product that enable the SHR to engage in meaningful dialog, build credibility and add value when calling on the Rheumatology Community.
• Responsible for understanding the managed care market dynamics and medical coverage or formulary status for XELJANZ and communicating this information to physicians and staff.
• Responsible for providing healthcare providers with all relevant information that promotes quality healthcare decisions.
• Sells appropriately using only approved selling materials and resources; utilizes appropriate body language when addressing customers; focuses discussion on patient, Health care a professional and the practice.
• Engage customers in a way that is meaningful to them so that they find value in the interactions and welcome future engagements.
• Establishes and maintains objectives for geography in consultation with district management to assure execution of territorial business plan.
• Creates effective call plans that efficiently maximize call reach and frequency.
• Employs effective selling techniques, including pre-call planning, effective opening, presentation focus, productive questions, issues identification and effective close.
• Completes all call reporting and inventory responsibilities in accordance with current procedures and policies.
• Sets aside needed study and certification time, during off-territory hours to, required to learn medical, product, and policy information, as well as to maintain company supplies equipment and records.
• BA/BS Degree from an accredited institution
• Ability to travel domestically and stay overnight as necessary
• Valid US driver’s license and a driving record in compliance with company standards.
• Live within 50 miles of territory
• A minimum of 3 years pharmaceutical sales experience
• Strong working knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry with selling experience in Specialty Pharmacy as a key distribution channel
• Sales experience in any of the following areas: 1) rheumatology, 2) specialty and 3) launch experience
• Experience selling a disease-modifying antirheumatic drug
• Experience selling to Rheumatologists and/or other specialized physicians
• Prior or current Pfizer sales experience, working with Pfizer tools and or systems (i.e iCUE)
• Able to provide documented sales success
• Demonstrated performance in highly clinical selling environment
• Demonstrated ability to incorporate payer landscape in selling presentations
• Ability to provide customer oriented solutions
• Demonstrated team work/collaboration
• Good organizational, planning skills
• Self-motivated/performance accountability
• Excellent communication skills
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: November 27, 2017
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
EEO & Employment Eligibility:
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.