Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP Healthcare Practice Manager in Los Angeles, California
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP, an AM Law 100 firm, is seeking a Healthcare Practice Manager.
We prefer candidates who can work from our Century City office, but will consider other candidates who can work from one of our other U.S. offices. Our other U.S. offices are as follows: Downtown Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Del Mar, Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Dallas, Chicago, New York, and Washington DC. There is only one opening.
Sheppard Mullin has one of the fastest growing and largest healthcare law practices in the country. Sheppard Mullin works across all sectors of healthcare serving the industry’s leaders of today and next-generation leaders. The Healthcare Team is a key strategic initiative for Sheppard Mullin’s growth over the next five years (Project 2025), and the Practice Manager will work closely with the Healthcare Team leadership and partners and with firm management to accomplish our objectives.
• Effectively gather, organize, and summarize practice and market information to share across the team
• Work closely with partners to communicate goals, timeline and strategies for each subsector within healthcare to drive achievement of Project 2025 healthcare goals
• Develop centralized client and target database for the team
• Identify important areas of opportunity to support marketing leadership
Special Team Initiatives & Programs
• Effectively tracking and documenting data necessary to drive team initiatives and projects, working in coordination with Project Manager
• Focus on communication through use of proven team and project management tools and techniques
• Organizing client information by sector/type to identify targets for development
• Ability to translate data and findings into information and display it in
a useful manner for constituents that can be shared
• Supporting programs and approaches for Healthcare Team leadership
• Active participant in leadership team meetings
• Become an embedded and trusted member of the Healthcare Team, understanding the industry within which team clients operate, team members’ needs and pain points and focusing on a solution oriented approach
• 5-8 years of relevant experience
• Ability to translate project management methodology to a legal setting required
• Must be a mature self-starter with sound judgment and personnel skills
• Advanced ability to write about legal and technical topics and proofread related materials with a high degree of accuracy
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Assist with identifying opportunities for process improvement initiatives and knowledge management projects and, where appropriate, help develop and promote best practices
• Confidence communicating with all levels of the legal team and client; including delivering difficult messages and challenging current assumptions
• Ability to problem solve, develop and deliver creative answers with pragmatic solutions
• Demonstrated interest and passion in ways to make legal practice more efficient, innovative and entrepreneurial
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong awareness of tenor and tone for communication to varying audiences
• Ability to understand and articulate the business case behind decisions
• Strong organizational skills
Preferred Qualifications: Experience working in a legal services environment strongly preferred.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred: Master’s Degree in Law Firm Management or Healthcare is preferred.
Required: Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (including Word and Excel) and the ability to quickly learn and utilize additional software.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Requisition ID: 2021-2274
Street: 1901 Avenue of the Stars