ComputerWorksTech.com Job #3000: Healthcare in Los Angeles, California
Job #3000: Healthcare
Title:Registered Nurse (Dep of Public Health- 17 Openings!)
Job Location:Los Angeles CA
Do you want to work for the government?
Do you need help getting your foot in the door at LA County's Department of Public Health?
Let us use our contacts to land you a job for an exciting new team of medical experts.
Global Service Resources is looking for a Registered Nurse for the Department of Public Health.
Hours: TBD. Must be open. Must be willing to work weekends if need be.
Pay Rate: Negotiable. Competitive.
Please note: You will not receive the same benefits as direct LA County employees. You will get 3 sick days after 90 days of work. Option to get group medical, vision and dental insurance. No holiday pay. No paid vacation time.
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health received supplemental Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity (ELC) funding from the CDC to enhance detection, response, surveillance, and prevention of COVID-19. These funds are intended to support a broad range of COVID-19 testing and epidemiologic surveillance related activities including the expansion of the Outbreak Management Branch. The Outbreak Management Branch oversees cases/outbreaks (OB) related to COVID-19 in settings that include Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs), shelters and encampments for people experiencing homelessness (PEH), congregate living settings, worksites, schools and daycare, and places of worship. The team consists of multi-disciplinary staff including physicians, nurses, epidemiologists/ data analysts, clerical and administrative staff, and health program analysts who work collectively to communicate with each OB site; conduct assessments and provide guidance in alignment with DPH protocols; seek additional consultation with DPH subject matter experts, as needed; and document and monitor all data and activities related to the OB.
ThePublic Health Nurse (PHN)provides nursing services to promote the wellbeing of the community and seeks to prevent the spread and premature death caused by COVID-19 among persons experiencing homelessness in the Service Planning Area (SPA). The PHN focuses efforts on those activities that help the PEH Branch within the Outbreak Management Branch manage the cases/outbreaks related to COVID-19 in shelters and homeless encampments.
The PHN reports to the Public Health Nursing Supervisor (Outbreak Investigator Supervisor).
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
· Conducts investigations, makes diagnoses, and responds to health problems and hazards linked to COVID-19 outbreaks in shelters and homeless encampments, as directed by their supervisor.
· Assists in setting priorities and providing recommendations for shelters and homeless encampments following public health protocols (i.e. B73).
· Documents diagnosis or concerns to facilitate plan and expected outcomes.
· Collects data from multiple sources including individuals and organizations related to the health of the residents in the Service Planning Area.
· Identifies, obtains, and interprets information to assist in the management of the cases/outbreaks of COVID-19.
· Conduct mass COVID testing for staff and residents at shelters and encampments;
· Ensure comprehensive post-testing response including isolation and quarantine practices and referrals, contact tracing, and follow-up testing as indicated.
· Must be willing to work with PEH in shelters and encampments.