Henry Schein Operations Specialist - HCS (Healthcare Service Operations) in Melville, New York
This position is responsible for the operational aspects of sales management including; coordination of sales plans (product mix, cost/price, customer incentives) profit analysis, implementation, reporting and review. Adheres to and follows company and division organizational policies and procedures.
* Responsible for submitting RFP (request for pricing) /RFI (request for information) to the customer. Works with internal departments such as HCS Sales, HCS Operations, Management, Finance and Legal to complete the process.
* Works with Legal to ensure that RFPs, bids and agreements are drafted as needed.
* Provides sales team/customer with annualized savings report and other related requests
* Coordinates efforts/resources to ensure priorities are met. For example participates in weekly/monthly calls and meetings with the sales and operations teams. Tracks wins, pending deals and loses
* Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
Exceptional understanding of the job and ability to apply knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks. Complete tasks in creative and effective ways. Complete assignments and facilitate the work activities of others; may coordinate work beyond own area. Apply acquired knowledge of procedures and external regulations.
Consistently work on assignments that can be difficult and require independent judgment and initiative. Understand implications of work and make recommendations for solutions. Will be responsible for making independent procedural decisions.
Work under minimal supervision and may act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
Typically 4 or more years of related experience.
Typically High School education, vocational training and/or on-the-job training. Bachelor's degree preferred.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
* Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
* Very good attention to detail and accuracy
* Customer service oriented and ability to work with and resolve complex issues
* Ability to plan and arrange activities
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to maintain confidential and highly sensitive information
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to multi-task
* Ability to manage conflict
* Capacity to work effectively under pressure
* Analytical thinking
* Oversee small projects
* Identify and recommend continuous improvement opportunities
* Establish productive working relationships at multiple levels within the organization
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Intermediate in Microsoft Excel, including a vast knowledge of functions
* Basic business math
* Analytical and organizational skills
Typically, to advance to a new job level, TSMs must demonstrate professional behavior and should consistently be at the high-end of meets expectations or consistently exceed expectations.
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel typically less than 10%. Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Primary Location: USA-NY-Melville
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.