St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Medical Receptionist - Heritage Healthcare in Napa, California
We are looking for a Medical Receptionists for St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare in Napa, CA!
Multiple opportunities available.
Location: Napa, CA
Urology - Full time
Network Administration (Float Pool) - Full Time
Trancas Otorhino - Full Time
ApplyToday! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with someadditional questions from our Modern Hire system.
This position functions as an interface with patients, physicians, staff and is responsible for handles all incoming calls screening, transferring, and answering appropriately, timely, and efficiently. Takes accurate and appropriate messages. Greets patients/visitors, check patients in and out, distributes mail, faxes, etc. Assists department with various duties as needed. In addition, this position will be responsible for obtaining all information relating to patients and facilitates, and collection and dissemination of information to the medical record and information system.
• Basic computer skills in a Windows operating environment including Microsoft Word, and an e-mail system.
• Knowledge of grammar, spelling and medical terminology.
• General knowledge of healthcare insurance and terminology.
• Requires good written and verbal communications skills to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent telephone etiquette.
• Ability to sort and file by alphabet or terminal digit.
• Ability to handle cash transactions and balance cash drawers.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced department and handle multiple tasks, work with interruptions, and deal effectively with confidential information.
• Must have excellent public relations and customer service skills.
• Must be able to work under general supervision.
• Must have a professional and mature demeanor.
• Exhibit courtesy/respect for co-workers and willing to help co-workers when needed.
• Excellent organizational abilities.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) communication skills, preferred.
Experience: Customer relations experience.
Preferred Position Requirements :
Education: Medical Assistant, Billing, or Front Office Management certification from an accredited vocational school.
Experience as a receptionist in the healthcare industry or as a Medical Assistant.
Experience in handling and balancing cash.
MS Word, Excel and IDX experience.
Experience with computers or automated scheduling.
Licenses / Certifications: Medical Assistant certification
St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 2,000 employees and 25 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, SJHH has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values.
St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: Heritage Healthcare
St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health
- St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Jobs