Allscripts MS Systems Analyst/IT Healthcare/Clinical Documentation in New Hyde Park, New York
Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide technical support for assigned applications.
The ClinDoc Analyst is responsible for the design, build, test and implementation of new application changes, maintenance changes and upgrades that may directly or indirectly have impact to the applications supported by the Sunrise Department. The Clindoc Analyst will perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical tasks associated with the use of the SCM software; is also responsible for developing and documenting the internal procedures that will be used in conjunction with SCM applications.
- Work under the direction of the Manager to provide technical application solutions for assigned business areas
- Possess technical knowledge of assigned application technology
- Work with Business Analyst to understand the customers product-specific requirements and configuration and translate them to technical design specifications and data flow from which programs are developed and coded
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents programs or technical configuration
- Ensure programs meet technical specifications and standards
- Interact with Business and clinical representatives during the software build or configuration and testing process
- Perform technical application configuration and configure /run reports at user request
- Design and execute unit, system and integration test plans for new developments/releases/reports
- Maintain technical documentation based on standard operating procedures in support of the assigned application
- Perform application maintenance activities
- Provide production support
- Assist in resolving support calls escalated by the Service Desk
- Identify the common causes of the defects, prioritize them, and systematically remove them so that they do not reoccur in further development work
- Coordinate with Project Managers to ensure project deadlines are met
- Participate in focus groups and workshops, attend vendor training and demonstrations
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- BA or BS degree preferred or other relevant combination of training and experience.
- 2-5 years industry experience preferred
- 2-5 years experience in providing technical support and
- maintenance in assigned product preferred
- Clinical Documentation preferred.
- 3-5 years EMR experience in a healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of Allscripts Sunrise application (SCM )a plus
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and maintain technical documentation in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with clients
- Support 24/7 healthcare system with varying go-live schedules.
- Solid foundation of Microsoft Office
- Be able to travel locally for business needs and participate in an after hours on-call rotation.
- May require local travel
- May require other travel for business needs
- May require after hours on call support
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for employment with Allscripts.
Visa Sponsorship is not offered for this position.
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 postacute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire. Allscripts is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursing and hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans
This is an official Allscripts Job posting. To avoid identity theft, please only consider applying to jobs posted on our official corporate site.