Daniel J. Edelman, Inc. Account Executive, Healthcare in New York, New York
**This role is open to remote applicants, specific to Eastern or Central time zones.**
Edelman's NY office is seeking an Account Executive to join our growing Healthcare team! Health-related PR experience required.
Edelman's Health Sector team provides a wide array of communications services to a diversified portfolio of healthcare clients including major pharmaceutical companies, hospitals and providers, health insurers, associations, life sciences companies, government and public health organizations. By employing innovative and thoughtful strategies, the Health Sector team develops integrated corporate reputation, public affairs, advocacy, and brand campaigns that help our clients promote their brands and policy positions, protect their reputations and license to operate, and influence public perceptions and policy outcomes.
The Account Executive will have the ability to learn and deploy a wide variety of communications skills to a single, but diversified, industry that is of fundamental importance to individuals, governments and society at large. Furthermore, employees will hone their communication skills alongside colleagues who have deep expertise at the intersection of healthcare and public relations.
- Contribute to creation of communications plans and materials that meet client objectives
- Manage multiple projects from conception to completion, by anticipating challenges and ensuring deadline and budget adherence
- Build relationship with clients and colleague at all levels
- Consistently produce high quality internal and external communications content often under tight timelines and with competing priorities
- Coordinate client touchpoints, helping to set the agenda and provide action-oriented recaps
- Demonstrate tactical proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving both traditional and social media outreach plans and owning media monitoring needs to identify and draft flags of relevant news
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills; set and pursue stretch goals
- Possess a solid understanding of the current healthcare landscape and topical issues
- Supervise staff junior to you by motivating, coaching and consistently providing feedback
- Aid in new business process including idea contribution, research and proposal preparation
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman's values (Quality, Integrity, Respect, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Mutual Benefits) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- The Account Executive must have at least one year of relevant healthcare experience in public relations and/or related fields including research, advertising, management consulting, media and publishing.
- **PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS**: The Account Executive should have a bachelor's degree in a relevant field, a solid grasp of all basic public relations tools and how they are used as well as solid research, writing and editing skills. They should have the ability to develop relationship with media and apply experience and initiative in developing traditional and digital media relations strategies.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6, 000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age's 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report's 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor's Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity