Amazon Corporate LLC AWS Principal Business Development Manager - Academic Medical Center/Healthcare in New York, New York
Do you want to be a key part of a team focused on increasing the reach of cloud computing across stakeholders in Academic Medicine? Do you have the industry background, technical depth, and sales skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the market segment? Academic Medical Centers are under pressure to reduce costs, innovate at scale and improve operational performance, and they are looking to the Cloud to modernize their operations. AWS is looking for a Business Development Manager who understands business trends impacting the industry and is passionate and capable of driving growth across R1 University Healthcare in the greater New York area for AWS.
Your responsibilities will include engaging with large strategic Schools of Medicine, the Research Community and health system customers and their existing AWS account teams to qualify and pursue sales opportunities. You will engage with our business development teams, solutions architects, partner and professional services organizations to drive large opportunities to closure.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Serve as a key member of the Higher Education sales team to drive overall revenue growth with the Academic Medical Centers while driving customer solutions as measured by committed contracts, competitive conversions, sales revenue, and profitability.
* Build pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners and identify market trends to inform strategic decisions.
* Collaborate with customers to conduct clinical and technical overviews with deep dives into clinical domains, new product launches and ongoing customer training.
* Identify opportunities to develop support tools and processes that increase sales productivity and effectiveness in the field (i.e. sales collateral, systems, whiteboards, and other tools).
* Present business reviews and provide escalation material to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the industry.
* Manage complex contract negotiations and liaise effectively with the legal group.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
* 10+ years of enterprise sales or business development experience with quota accountability and a track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets year over year.
* 10+ years experience working directly with Academic Medical Center and/or Acute Care Health system accounts, selling enterprise technology solutions like cloud and/or healthcare applications
* BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.