Young & Rubicam Inc. Group Director Client Engagement (Healthcare) in New York, New York
Position at VMLY& R
In the VMLY& R Health Practice, we create connected health experiences. We resist the usual ways of seeing, doing and thinking - by harnessing creativity, technology and science to reimagine the entire connected health experience. Our goal? To create work that becomes part of people's lives, to drive value for our clients and, in the best of cases, to improve health outcomes and impact the world.
The Group Director Client Engagement serves as General Manager of each alignment team to manage a book of business on behalf of the agency. He or she is the most accountable strategic lead on the alignment team, responsible for all aspects of business management, including overall business growth, casting and team development (with a concentration on the Client Engagement team), engagement lead with senior-level clients on key accounts, and managing expectations with his/her Managing Director.
The Group Director Client Engagement works with internal teams across disciplines to develop, craft and refine strategies to achieve client goals and execution of strategies and is responsible for ensuring that Most Important Partner status is established across accounts. It is the responsibility of the Group Director to ensure that teams deliver Marketing Excellence, demonstrate Ownership, provide solutions grounded in Intelligence, and drive Innovative thinking and solutions. The successful candidate must be team-oriented and possess excellent leadership, problem-solving, interpersonal, and communication skills.
The Group Director Client Engagement sets the vision for all partnerships and ensures seamless delivery across the Client Engagement team. He or she is responsible for overall agency profitability for the book of business managed. The candidate must be prepared for a fast-paced environment and be comfortable making decisions.
The Group Director Client Engagement runs key business groups across a set of clients ensuring strategic leadership, talent growth and financial profitability. They own and are accountable for all facets of the business and its operations. The idea is that someone looking at a Group Director role wants executive-like experience, including leadership and finance responsibilities.
- Leads, and collaborates with, alignment team leadership to set the vision, business and engagement plan for the alignment business
- Sets and achieves profitability goals that are on par with agency benchmarks
- Manages and approves all investments to ensure a strategic focus and pay back
- Develops and maintains the most senior level relationships within a given client organization
- Focus is on building depth and breadth of relationships with key clients and harvesting new business opportunities
- Establishes and maintains team culture
As part of the WPP Group, VMLY& R offers one of the best overall compensation packages in the business.
- Has excellent presentation skills and organizational skills.
- Is able to craft creative briefs and provide clear, persuasive briefings to Creative teams and remain an active contributor throughout the creative development process.
- Has a deep knowledge and experience with multichannel marketing.
- Has a proven approach to cross-functional, cross-agency and partnership collaboration.
- Has a distinct understanding of strategic process and ability to drive innovation.
- Is responsible for overall agency profitability for book of accounts.
- Familiarity with ecommerce and online advertising is necessary.
- Is able to lead and grow multiple clients.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field; graduate degree is a plus.
- At least 10 years of experience, including large-agency interactive and client-side experience.
- Experience with paid search campaigns, major online media and emerging media is required.
- Has experience with digital marketing and/or managing the design and development of websites; traditional marketing experience is a plus.
- Has experience in large-scale project management or enterprise site-building.
- CRM/Direct experience is beneficial.
- Has experience managing employees.
VMLY& R is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VMLY& R is a M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer .
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity