Landmark Health Senior Consultant, Healthcare Actuary Services (Remote) in Oregon
Landmark is hiring a Senior Consultant, Healthcare Actuary Services to support our growing Actuary team! You will apply your actuarial expertise to conduct and present analytics on several fronts. Key projects include measuring the performance of value-based / shared savings arrangements, internal forecasting / budgeting, and supporting the Landmark value proposition for current and prospective patients and business partners.
Opportunity is full time Remote, open to multiple locations:Locations (https://www.landmarkhealth.org/locations/)
• Calculate savings from shared risk contracts and communicate valuable insights to clients and key stakeholders.
• Partner with the Data Science team to demonstrate value from the Landmark Program through reporting of revenue / risk score trends, healthcare utilization trends and financial savings.
• Work closely with other finance teams to monitor performance against forecasts, analyzing and explaining drivers of variances from revenue, cost and membership.
• Apply your proficiency with Medicare reimbursement components to enhance and execute healthcare cost and revenue forecasting models.
• Analyze profitability by duration, acuity, and resource allocation to inform strategic recommendations to senior leadership.
• Support the business intelligence team with optimizing data quality for new clients.
• Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) credentials strongly preferred
• Bachelor’s degree (preferably in actuarial science or economics)
• Minimum of 4 years of actuarial experience within a healthcare and/or managed care organization with significant experience in Medicare products. Experience with value-based reimbursement strategies and affordability initiatives preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience programming in SAS and/or SQL.
• Actuarial knowledge of best practices for evaluation, modeling (cost, risk score and revenue) and analytics
• Ability to work effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Strong business acumen, problem-solving, technical, organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
We are now part of Optum and the United Health Group family of businesses, backed by the resources of a global health organization working to help people live healthier lives and to help make the health system work better for everyone.
As part of our hiring process, upon accepting an offer, candidates will be required to complete a 9-panel drug test. Due to our partnership with the Medicare Advantage program, our drug testing policies are consistent with Federal law.
Please be aware that Landmark Health does not solicit money or offer payment for job applications, nor do we ask candidates to email or submit any personal information over unsecured channels.
Landmark Health requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Job Locations US-CA | US-AR | US-AZ | US-CT | US-GA | US-KS | US-KY | US-MO | US-OR | US-TX
Posted Date 4 days ago (10/20/2021 12:52 PM)
Type Regular Full-Time
Job ID 2021-6140
Remote Classification Virtual Continuous
- Landmark Health Jobs