VMware Cloud Sales Director, VMC on AWS - Healthcare - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Palo Alto, California
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 30,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibilities :
The Cloud Sales Director for Healthcare owns sales responsibility for selling VMware Cloud Services including VMware Cloud (VMC) on AWS within the Healthcare vertical of VMware’s Government, Education and Healthcare (GEH) organization and leads the Healthcare VMC on AWS Specialist Sales Team. You are responsible for driving your team to build a strong pipeline in the Healthcare vertical, achieving bookings and revenue quota targets, managing the sales forecasting process, and building a brand around our solutions within Healthcare. This position will be an overlay cloud sales specialist management position that will need to coordinate and work closely with VMware’s core Field Sales and Partner organizations, as well as the Cloud Services BU, to achieve success and lead interactions with our customers. Deep knowledge in the Healthcare industry, of the cloud services marketplace, hybrid cloud, IT sales cycles, and VMware’s partner programs and ecosystem will all be essential for success in the role.
We seek a talented and motivated leader who:
· Attracts, builds and leads a field specialist sales team of 6 to 10 people
· Can build a complex territory strategy to ensure success for both short and long-term goals, objectives, bookings and revenue consumption targets, for the regional sales teams
· Can execute a territory strategy through the specialist team, direct selling team and indirectly through a multitude of Channel Partners, AWS and local Demand Generation
· Splits time 50/50 between leading your teams and meeting with customers & partners
· Closely work with extended sales resources, including, but not limited to SE Manager, PSO Manager, Inside Sales Manager, Channel Manager, Marketing, Recruiting, etc.
· Partners with the Core sales team and their leadership in efforts to plan & execute cohesive sales campaigns into the Regions
· Has accurate forecasting, planning and execution
Required Skills :
· 8 to 10 years of sales management experience in a dynamic, highly competitive, hyper growth enterprise sales environment
· Deep rooted knowledge, experience and success, selling into the Healthcare vertical market - understand their pain points, use cases for Cloud, and purchasing processes
· Proven success leading a quota carrying sales specialist team in a matrixed organization, with experience building and maintaining an engaged culture of high performers
· Understanding of Cloud Sales and Economics, and preferably experience with AWS or other large cloud providers (Microsoft, Google)
· Strong executive business communication skills across a multitude of business leaders and stakeholders within large, complex organizations
· Excel in leading strategic and value selling
· Experience with new product introductions
· Extensive experience structuring and negotiating multi-million-dollar enterprise deals with complex terms, conditions, price pressures and considerations, orchestrating a broad mix of resources in order to execute successfully
· Demonstrate creative and critical thinking
· Superior organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
Preferred Skills :
· Track record of consistent achievement of business objectives in a hyper growth, highly competitive technology and complex channel partner environment
· BA/BS degree or higher
· Professional development specific to Industry
· Extra-Curricular awards or community involvement
· Productive conflict resolution
Ability to travel up to 50% of the time when we are back to traveling post pandemic
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
This position is eligible for JoinCloudSales referral campaign
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-09-21
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
- VMware Jobs