Landmark Health Sr. Director, Healthcare Data Science & Analytics in Pennsylvania
Do you want to make a difference in healthcare?
Landmark Health is value based medical group that specializes in patients with multiple chronic conditions. We employ Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants, with supporting care provided by RN Nurse Care Managers, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Behavioral Health specialists to provide in home medical care to chronically ill patients across the country.
As a member of our shared services Data Science and Analytics team, you will have the opportunity to provide analysis and reporting that directly supports our national clinical field staff, finance, account management, and business development teams. Join Landmark to be part of a growing company full of purpose-driven, action-oriented, and compassionate team members working to dramatically transform healthcare for our communities.
As a leader on the Data Science & Analytics team, you will use your experience with healthcare claims data, your programming experience in SAS, SQL, or python, and your analytic skills to help develop new products, provide analytics and clinical outcomes reporting to our customers, and supply data-driven insights to our clinical teams and manage individual contributors on the team.
In this role you will report to the VP, Data Science & Analytics and join an experienced team of data science professionals and analysts who measure the value and improve the effectiveness of Landmark’s clinical operations.
• Manage and lead directors and multiple functional areas.
• Manage staff who extract, analyze, and interpret healthcare utilization and financial data to address business questions regarding population health management, health and economic outcomes, quality of healthcare, and product design.
• Be able to independently develop queries and reporting on healthcare utilization trends and financial savings derived from the Landmark Health program.
• Lead numerous complex projects independently, across the department, including review and QA of work of other team members. Act as a resource for others on the team for methodological and reporting questions.
• Work with clinical, customer success, and finance teams to understand and evaluate the drivers of quality, engagement, and utilization outcomes in our membership cohort.
• Clearly present relevant and meaningful findings to internal and external leadership.
• Manage project portfolio across multiple teams.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• A Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s or PhD degree in statistics, social science, public health, mathematics, economics, or epidemiology is preferred.
• Minimum of 7 years of health care industry experience is required.
• At least 8 years managing employees and multiple functional areas is required.
• Experience using statistical methods to evaluate healthcare claims data and experience with reporting tools such as Tableau strongly preferred.
• Experience managing a team that uses SAS, SQL, Python or other programming language for 3 or more years strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated experience with data interpretation, analysis, and reporting specifically with regard to medical cost and utilization
• Strong interpersonal, decision-making, financial and technical skills; must be able to introduce new ideas, processes, and tools to improve company performance
• Strong leadership, analytical, project planning and coordination skills
• High energy. Demonstrates an ability to function in a creative, fast-paced environment and think outside the box.
We are now part of Optum and the United Health Group family of businesses, backed by the resources of a global health organization working to help people live healthier lives and to help make the health system work better for everyone.
As part of our hiring process, upon accepting an offer, candidates will be required to complete a 9-panel drug test. Due to our partnership with the Medicare Advantage program, our drug testing policies are consistent with Federal law.
Please be aware that Landmark Health does not solicit money or offer payment for job applications, nor do we ask candidates to email or submit any personal information over unsecured channels.
Landmark Health requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Job Locations US-AZ | US-WA | US-OR | US-PA | US-CT | US-KY | US-MD | US-CA
Posted Date 1 week ago (10/20/2021 12:52 PM)
Type Regular Full-Time
Job ID 2021-6320
Remote Classification Virtual Continuous
- Landmark Health Jobs