Clark Fork Valley Hospital Healthcare Finance Specialist in Plains, Montana
The individual in this position will need to have the highest level of customer service. They will be responsible for assisting our patients with their financial needs. They will need to make calls daily to set up payment arrangements. They will need to prepare and work daily reports and transmit statements daily. They will need to follow up with patient billing issues. The person in this position will need to work closely with the insurance billers and other office staff. The person in this position will need to have compassion, must be non-judgmental and must be willing to give each patient his or her best customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Works self-pay work queues in a timely fashion daily.
• Answer incoming calls in a professional manner and returns calls in a timely manner. Make phone calls to patients to arrange payment for their accounts. Review account balances with patients. Direct patients with insurance questions.
• Set up contracts on the system.
• Note accounts with phone calls made and all account activity or patient correspondence.
• Send Financial Statements or any other information or applications that the patients request.
• Processes financial assistance and other applications in a timely manner.
• Follow accounts that have unresolved issues to make certain that they are resolved.
• Process payments daily and write receipts.
• Communicate with other departments to resolve any patient issues.
• Coordinate billing issues with the billing office.
• Respond to emails timely.
• Other Duties as may be assigned by Manager and Coordinator.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED). Previous customer service and financial experience.