VMware Cloud Sales Specialist, VMC on AWS - Healthcare, Mid-Atlantic - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Reston, Virginia
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 30,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where phenomenal people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibilities :
The Cloud Sales Specialists in VMware’s Government, Education and Healthcare (GEH) organization own sales responsibility for selling VMware Cloud Services including VMware Cloud on AWS within the industry verticals of Federal, State & Local Government and Education, or Healthcare organizations. You are responsible for building a strong pipeline for your assigned territory in Healthcare, achieving bookings and revenue quota targets, managing the sales forecasting process, and building a brand around our solutions within your territory. This position will be an overlay cloud sales specialist position that will need to coordinate and work closely with VMware’s core Field Sales and Partner organizations to achieve success and lead interactions with our customers. Deep knowledge in the Healthcare industry, of the cloud services marketplace, hybrid cloud, IT sales cycles, and VMware’s partner programs and ecosystem will all be essential for success in the role.
We seek a talented and motivated individual who will:
• Be accountable for achieving booking and revenue consumption targets
• Lead demand generation/pipeline building activities and qualification for all sales opportunities for Cloud Services within your territory
• Participate in a weekly forecasting process to provide visibility to VMware’s leadership of sales pipeline status and potential to achieve target bookings, as well as upside and downside risks to achieving target bookings
• Identify high propensity customers in your territory and work with both the VMware Core Sales and AWS teams to align on and drive opportunities
• Collaborate and build strong relationships with core Field and Partner sales leaders to ensure proper engagement with core teams and customers
• Use consultative sales approach around the adoption of cloud services in the infrastructure and applications space
• Drive increased monthly recurring revenue (MRR)
• Work across multi-functions/multi-individuals and leverage the SE, Partner and Marketing organizations to achieve desired results
• Deep rooted knowledge, experience and success, selling into Healthcare organizations – understand their pain points, use cases for Cloud, and purchasing processes
• Ability to provide an accurate weekly forecast through Salesforce and other templates/tools provided
• Function as a highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team
• Possess 5+ years of quota carrying sales experience in the IT industry, with Enterprise software and/or hosted services
• Knowledge of the IT hosting and cloud services segment
• Ability to articulate and evangelize the value of hybrid cloud IT solutions, build demand and pipeline with prospecting/hunter mindset
• Experience with new product introductions
• Strong leadership, business communication and customer relationship skills
• Experience with Sales contract structuring, deal negotiation with complex terms and conditions
• Demonstrate creative and critical thinking
• Superior organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
• Track record of consistent achievement of business objectives in a hyper growth, highly competitive technology and complex channel partner environment
• BA/BS degree or higher
• Understanding of Cloud Sales and Economics, and preferably experience with AWS or other large cloud providers (Microsoft, Google)
• Excel in leading strategic and value selling
• Professional development specific to industry
• Extra-curricular awards or community involvement
• Productive conflict resolution
Ability to travel up to 50% of the time when we are back to traveling post pandemic
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
This position is eligible for JoinCloudSales referral campaign
Due to the Biden Administration issuing an Executive Order (EO) that effectively mandates COVID-19 vaccination for all U.S. based employees of federal contractors and subcontractors, all U.S. based VMware employees will need to be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021, or by their first date of employment if after that date, subject to legally required accommodations.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-10-13
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
- VMware Jobs