Huron Consulting Group Patient Access Manager - Healthcare, Managed Services (Honolulu, HI) in San Diego, California
Huron helps its clients drive growth, enhance performance and sustain leadership in the markets they serve. We help healthcare organizations build innovation capabilities and accelerate key growth initiatives, enabling organizations to own the future, instead of being disrupted by it. Together, we empower clients to create sustainable growth, optimize internal processes and deliver better consumer outcomes.
Health systems, hospitals and medical clinics are under immense pressure to improve clinical outcomes and reduce the cost of providing patient care. Investing in new partnerships, clinical services and technology is not enough to create meaningful and substantive change. To succeed long-term, healthcare organizations must empower leaders, clinicians, employees, affiliates and communities to build cultures that foster innovation to achieve the best outcomes for patients.
Joining the Huron team means you’ll help our clients stabilize their business operations today and create tomorrow’s growth by implementing revenue enhancement and cost containment programs, upgrading technology systems, creating stronger leaders and improving outcomes for patients.
Join our team as the expert you are now and create your future.
The Patient Access Manager manages reception and patient access representatives. Directs operational interactions between patient scheduling department and other hospital departments, physician offices, and off-site entities. Review, analyze, and correct account errors. Supervise insurance with verification authorization staff with pre-registration activities. Consult with registration staff and medical staff on ways to improve patient satisfaction and survey results. Lead initiatives and operations with hospital leadership representatives from facilities associated with patient account services
Provide input for process design and other implementation activities
Seek to understand disagreements, ensure all perspectives are heard and facilitate a plan for resolution.
Delegate the work appropriately, provide clear expectations and follow up to ensure progress and overcome roadblocks. Identify associates and team priorities based on business direction and adjust when needed. Lead by example and share knowledge and experiences with associates and team. Create a respectful work environment where you advocate for your team, create accountability and recognize their accomplishments. Provide timely feedback to encourage success, ensure accountability, and connect opportunities for your associates’ development. Identify the right talent to achieve the desired results. Promote and build a diverse cohesive team to accomplish objectives and align associates' skills to fill gaps.
The position is an operational leadership position located at Adventist Health Castle in Kailua, HI.
KEY JOB DUTIES:
• Coordinate with the patient access team in the operations of daily job responsibilities
• Develop, recommend, and oversee the implementation and administration of policies and procedures of respective area
• Evaluate process and procedures and coordinate with the management team to ensure efficient areas of focus adhere to federal and local laws and regulations
• Demonstrate, through plans and actions, a consistent standard of excellence to which all department work is expected to conform
• Focus on continuous improvement working with the Lead Manager and respective teams Managers across the Health System with a goal of delivering the highest degree of quality service possible
• Provide support for Human Resource guidance
• Complete, review, manage and monitor department budget
• Directs and leads the patient access team in the daily operations
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Effective and efficient organization and planning skills with the proven ability to manage complex multi-workstream performance improvement projects or multiple concurrent client engagements, while delegating and overseeing the work of junior team members
• Proven analytical and critical thinking skills required to synthesize complex data sets and interpret qualitative and quantitative data and trends to implement recommendations resulting in measurable performance improvement and successful organizational change
• Impactful and professional written and verbal communication set clear project team direction, develop key deliverables, escalate risks, and influence key stakeholders inclusive of client and internal senior leadership
• Ability to collaborate with team members and client counterparts to understand business challenges, adapt implementation methodologies and approaches to ensure results align with client’s business objectives
• Team leadership experience including building talent, training, supervising, coaching/mentoring, and performance management
• U.S. work authorization required
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Direct Supervisory Experience required
• Patient Access experience required, 1-3 years in a leadership capacity preferred
• 5+ years of healthcare operations experience
• Must reside in Hawaii or be willing to relocate
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.
Huron Consulting Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage to employees and dependents; a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match; an employee stock purchase plan; a generous Paid Time Off policy; and paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Our Wellness Program supports employee total well-being by providing free annual health screenings and coaching, bank at work, and on-site workshops, as well as ongoing programs recognizing major events in the lives of our employees throughout the year. All benefits and programs are subject to applicable eligibility requirements.
Huron is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity to job applicants and employees in recruitment, hiring, employment, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Huron will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, religion, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, creed, citizenship or any other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we do business. We endeavor to maintain a drug-free workplace. Huron will consider qualified applications with criminal history in accordance with applicable laws.
Job ID: JR-0001355
Category: Healthcare Consulting
Category: Managed Services
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Requisition ID: 9874
Huron Consulting Group
- Huron Consulting Group Jobs