Centene Corporation Data Analyst III (Healthcare Analytics) - Remote Available in CA in San Jose, California
You could be the one who changes everything for our 25 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, multi-national organization, you’ll have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
This opening is for a Data Analyst III (Healthcare Analytics). In this role, you will perform and lead various analysis and interpretation to link business needs and objectives for assigned function and implement process improvements.
As a Data Analyst III (Healthcare Analytics), you will:
• Have the opportunity to make a significant impact through the discovery, development, and implementation of leading-edge analytics that answer important business questions.
• Collaborate with key corporate and health plan business partners for the purpose of identifying and delivering robust reporting and analytics capabilities to drive improved business performance.
• Interpret and analyze data from multiple sources including claims, provider, member, and encounters data.
• Identify and assess the business impact of trends.
• Develop, maintain, and troubleshoot complex scripts and reports developed using SQL, Microsoft Excel, or other analytics tools.
• Contribute to the planning and execution of large-scale projects with limited direction from leadership.
• Assist in the design, testing, and implementation of process enhancements and identify opportunities for automation.
• Identify and perform root-cause analysis of data irregularities and present findings and proposed solutions to leadership and/or customers.
• Manage multiple, variable tasks and data review processes with limited supervision within targeted timelines and thrive in a demanding, quickly changing environment.
• Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how customers interact with analytic products.
• Partner cross-functionally at all levels of the organization and effectively, both verbally and visually, communicate findings and insights to non-technical business partners.
• Independently engage with customers and business partners to gather requirements and validate results.
• Communicate and present data-driven insights and recommendations to both internal and external stakeholders, soliciting and incorporating feedback when required.
• Provide technical guidance to junior analysts.
• Ability to travel up to 5-10%.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package:
• Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility
• Competitive pay
• Paid Time Off including paid holidays
• Health insurance coverage for you and dependents
• 401(k) and stock purchase plans
• Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development
• Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, statistics, mathematics, actuarial science, public health, health informatics, healthcare administration, finance or a related field or equivalent experience.
• 4+ years of experience working with large databases, data verification, and data management or 2+ years of IT experience.
• Ability to integrate, validate, and reconcile data from multiple sources as well as design and construct analysis tools that extract, prepare, analyze, and store/present results to support business needs.
• Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g., VLOOKUP, Pivot tables, formulas, queries [e.g., SQL]), and SQL
• Knowledge of query development using SQL or other coding languages.
• Experience managing projects or heavy involvement in project implementation.
• Experience leading large scale process improvements or produces implementations.
• Master's degree.
• Healthcare analytics experience.
• Microsoft Access experience.
• Project management experience.
• Experience in provider contracting, claims pricing, financial reporting/analysis, data modeling, statistical modeling, data science, or geospatial/reimbursement analysis.
• Experience working closely with business partners, using analytic techniques & tools to explore financial performance trends, or regulatory reporting with external agencies.
• Familiarity with healthcare data such as member eligibility, medical and pharmacy claims data, and utilization.
• Working knowledge of analytical tools, including R, Python, SAS, PowerBI, MicroStrategy, Tableau, or related tools.
• Working knowledge of relational databases.
• Working knowledge of automation capabilities such as batch processes, stored procedures, scripting languages, MicroStrategy, or other tools.
This position is open to remote work in California . There may be times where there are required team meetings in the office. Periodic travel is expected less than 10% of the time.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
TITLE: Data Analyst III (Healthcare Analytics) - Remote Available in CA
LOCATION: San Jose, California
- Centene Corporation Jobs