Change Healthcare Team Lead Healthcare Rep- Somers Point, NJ in Somers Point, New Jersey
Transforming the future of healthcare isn’t something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.Here at Change Healthcare, we’re using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life. If you’re ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that’s committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Title: Lead Healthcare RepLocation: Somers Point, NJ
Overview of PositionLead HCRs act as advocates and meet with patients and their families daily. They are responsible for tracking every application they receive and obtaining high rates of successful outcomes. If you appreciate helping people and possess great communication and computer skills, take the next step towards a rewarding career at Change Healthcare!
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
Work effectively with hospital employees and patients.
Interviewing clients in a hospital setting and/or home visits to assist the clients in obtaining maximum benefit coverage.
Completion of applications for state and federal programs (including Health
Exchange/Marketplace programs), reviewing medical records and taking all necessary action to expedite benefit approval.
Achieve and maintain certification designation as “Certified Application Counselor”.
Adherence to company and legal standards regarding Protected Health Information (PHI),
Personal Identifiable Information (PII) and Personnel Transaction Identifier (PTI).
Maintain ongoing communication with government agencies regarding the status of claims.
Provide updates and assistance to hospital personnel and other Change Healthcare staff as needed.
Maintain documentation of status of claims and client contract on Change Healthcare and/or hospital computer systems.
Making a determination to take a Federal, State or Local program application based upon medical definition of disability as it relates to body systems and to functions of daily living, and information contained in medical records.
Team Lead Responsibilities:
• Responsible for external/customer reports.
• Acts as the team trainer/mentor.
• Assists with meetings with the customer
• Working with the customer to better understand our business and what role we play.
• Day to day interaction with hospital management.
• Audit high dollar closures.
• Knowledge and ability to help solve more complex claims (for example; claims from another state).
• Helps with Change Management initiatives
• Ability to work with limited supervision.
• Involvement with the hiring process for new HCR team members.
• Ability to float to different facilities if needed.
Become a Super User for Advocate Pro and ability to train new HCR's on Advocate Pro.
Ability to float to different hospitals to assist with vacancies.
Must be familiar with billing functions.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
4 year college degree preferred
1-3 years of relevant hospital and healthcare experience
Proficient with computer skills and tablet devices including Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
• Meets or Exceeds on all OKKRs.• s Ability to apply knowledge of federal and state programs to benefit coverage for the client.• Understanding of and ability to apply the medical definition of disability as it relates to body systems and to functions of daily living.• Ability to read and apply the information contained in medical records.• Previous clinical experience preferred or knowledge in medical terminology.• Strong Communication skills (verbal and written); demonstrated experience working with people of various educational and socioeconomic backgrounds (healthcare setting preferred), experience communicating with government caseworkers and hospital personnel.• Strong organization skills – ability to prioritize, plan and follow tasks through to completion without direct supervision.• Computer skills, including word processing (MS Office, Outlook, Excel, preferred) as well as various hospital systems.• Fluency in both English and Spanish languages is helpful.• Demonstrated leadership abilities.• Demonstrated ability to think strategically.• Ability to develop and implement strategy plans.• Change Management experience preferred.• Ability to manage conflict.• Experience with presenting to large teams or customers preferred.
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
How much should I expect to travel?
Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp%20EnglishformattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicant will reveive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Change Healthcare Jobs