Pfizer Inc. Professional Healthcare Representative, Vaccines-Spring Valley, NY in Spring Valley, New York
The key focus of the Professional Healthcare Representative (PHR) is to
increase the level of Pfizer Vaccines product sales within assigned
portfolio and geography. This is accomplished through regular on-going
contact with providers and by building solid working relationships with
providers that ensure continuing access that enables the use of
effective direct selling techniques. The PHR is responsible for selling
vaccines product directly to providers in addition to promotional
The following represents key responsibilities to achieve this
• Accountable to meet or exceed product sales objectives for assigned
portfolio of products.
• Responsible for providing healthcare providers with all relevant
information that promotes quality healthcare decisions.
• Maintains an in-depth and sophisticated knowledge of specific
healthcare issues, products and disease states that enables the PHR to
engage in meaningful dialogue, build credibility and add value when
calling on providers.
• Overcomes access challenges caused by the volume of competing
• Maintains an expert product knowledge base including patient
education, consumer education, and factors influencing the market
environment. Understands and uses approved promotional materials to
support marketing message.
• Responsible for understanding the managed care market dynamics and
medical coverage or formulary status of each promoted product and for
communicating this information to physicians and staff.
• Establishes and maintains objectives for geography in consultation
with district management to assure proper portfolio balance and planned
• Creates effective call plans that include who to contact, how
frequently to contact them, and what products to focus on for each
• Utilizes appropriate message segmentation for each healthcare
provider, including decisions about which product(s) to discuss,
frequency of calls, and which approved materials to use during the call.
Prepares in advance of the call for a focused interaction with the
provider using approved sales aids and samples.
• Employs effective selling techniques, including pre-call planning,
effective opening, presentation focus and productive questions, issue
identification and effective close.
• Successfully implements the call plan and resource strategies as
developed with district management to meet or exceed goals.
• Seeks out and utilizes customer and market data, and as necessary,
adjusts sales strategies based on that data to maximize sales results;
monitors progress and adjusts efforts and activities to exceed goals.
• Analyzes sales trends, competition, and provider habits to maximize
effectiveness of each call, and based on that information, tailors a
unique sales approach for each call with the goal of becoming the best
representative servicing that office.
• Evaluates sales potential and access to existing customers for the
purpose of adjusting, as necessary:
a. Call plan at determined time intervals
b. Resource offerings to existing customers
• Decides what types of interactions or educational opportunities will
maximize the use and prescribing of Pfizer products. Effectively
executes product tactics to support marketing strategy which includes
making judgments about how and when to use samples in a productive
manner and the type and extent of home office support to offer to
providers, such as marketing and education.
• Continuously prospects for appropriate new customers; communicates
opportunities, competitive activity, and business events to the District
Business Manager and Regional Business Director or Sales/Marketing
management as appropriate.
• Continuously develops and maintains productive business relationships
with customers in order to increase access and sales results.
• Determines best access methods using whole office call approach.
• Efficiently uses time with providers in order to present the most
impactful product messages.
• Customizes the delivery of product messages (e.g., anatomy,
physiology, disease state, and treatment options) to align with customer
needs and highlights only those features and benefits that are relevant
to the customer and consistent with the Package Insert and Good
• Completes all assignments from District Business Manager and
Headquarters Sales Management in a timely and efficient manner
(including the maintenance of accurate records on all accounts and
activities within the territory).
• Completes all call reporting and inventory recording responsibilities
in accordance with current procedures and policies.
• Distributes samples, if available, to only licensed practitioners, and
follows all Good Promotional Practices procedures and policies.
• Sets aside needed study and certification time, during off-territory
hours, required to learn medical, product and policy information, as
well as to maintain company supplies, equipment, and records.
• Prepares for, attends, and actively participates in all required sales
conferences and training classes at local and/or remote locations.
• Undertakes a program of performance and career development, whether
through Pfizer or own initiative, and continually strives to improve
knowledge, skills and capabilities.
• Collaborates with Vaccines Account Managers to implement plan for the
assigned geographic business and/or managed care business.
• Supports these plans with appropriate literature, samples, and special
programs, consistent with Company policies and procedures.
• Creativity to accomplish sales goals is required.
• Effective interpersonal, organizational, communication skills and the
ability to advance and influence the acceptance of ideas required.
• Ability to work independently and manage time effectively without
close supervision required.
• Working knowledge of sales operations including: data/reports, call
planning, and sales tactics preferred.
• BA/BS Degree from an accredited institution
• Ability to travel domestically and stay overnight as necessary
• Valid US driver’s license and a driving record in compliance with
• 1 year of either professional sales experience, work experience in the
healthcare/scientific field, professional marketing experience
(including internships) or military experience
• Live within 50 miles of territory
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care
providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and
implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to
provide government agencies with information such as a health care
provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value
received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal
review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends
to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians
may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal
transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you
are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of
interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address
and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the
government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not
hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: February 15, 2019
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes
EEO & Employment Eligibility:
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of
employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender
expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also
complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and
Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.