Pfizer Inc. Professional Healthcare Representative, Vaccines-Spring Valley, NY in Spring Valley, New York
The key focus of the Professional Healthcare Representative (PHR) is to increase the level of Pfizer Vaccines product sales within assigned portfolio and geography. This is accomplished through regular on-going contact with providers and by building solid working relationships with providers that ensure continuing access that enables the use of effective direct selling techniques. The PHR is responsible for selling vaccines product directly to providers in addition to promotional activity.
The following represents key responsibilities to achieve this objective:
• Accountable to meet or exceed product sales objectives for assigned portfolio of products.
• Responsible for providing healthcare providers with all relevant information that promotes quality healthcare decisions.
• Maintains an in-depth and sophisticated knowledge of specific healthcare issues, products and disease states that enables the PHR to engage in meaningful dialogue, build credibility and add value when calling on providers.
• Overcomes access challenges caused by the volume of competing pharmaceutical representatives
• Maintains an expert product knowledge base including patient education, consumer education, and factors influencing the market environment. Understands and uses approved promotional materials to support marketing message.
• Responsible for understanding the managed care market dynamics and medical coverage or formulary status of each promoted product and for communicating this information to physicians and staff.
• Establishes and maintains objectives for geography in consultation with district management to assure proper portfolio balance and planned actions.
• Creates effective call plans that include who to contact, how frequently to contact them, and what products to focus on for each call.
• Utilizes appropriate message segmentation for each healthcare provider, including decisions about which product(s) to discuss, frequency of calls, and which approved materials to use during the call. Prepares in advance of the call for a focused interaction with the provider using approved sales aids and samples.
• Employs effective selling techniques, including pre-call planning, effective opening, presentation focus and productive questions, issue identification and effective close.
• Successfully implements the call plan and resource strategies as developed with district management to meet or exceed goals.
• Seeks out and utilizes customer and market data, and as necessary, adjusts sales strategies based on that data to maximize sales results; monitors progress and adjusts efforts and activities to exceed goals.
• Analyzes sales trends, competition, and provider habits to maximize effectiveness of each call, and based on that information, tailors a unique sales approach for each call with the goal of becoming the best representative servicing that office.
• Evaluates sales potential and access to existing customers for the purpose of adjusting, as necessary:
a. Call plan at determined time intervals
b. Resource offerings to existing customers
• Decides what types of interactions or educational opportunities will maximize the use and prescribing of Pfizer products. Effectively executes product tactics to support marketing strategy which includes making judgments about how and when to use samples in a productive manner and the type and extent of home office support to offer to providers, such as marketing and education.
• Continuously prospects for appropriate new customers; communicates opportunities, competitive activity, and business events to the District Business Manager and Regional Business Director or Sales/Marketing management as appropriate.
• Continuously develops and maintains productive business relationships with customers in order to increase access and sales results.
• Determines best access methods using whole office call approach.
• Efficiently uses time with providers in order to present the most impactful product messages.
• Customizes the delivery of product messages (e.g., anatomy, physiology, disease state, and treatment options) to align with customer needs and highlights only those features and benefits that are relevant to the customer and consistent with the Package Insert and Good Promotional Practice.
• Completes all assignments from District Business Manager and Headquarters Sales Management in a timely and efficient manner (including the maintenance of accurate records on all accounts and activities within the territory).
• Completes all call reporting and inventory recording responsibilities in accordance with current procedures and policies.
• Distributes samples, if available, to only licensed practitioners, and follows all Good Promotional Practices procedures and policies.
• Sets aside needed study and certification time, during off-territory hours, required to learn medical, product and policy information, as well as to maintain company supplies, equipment, and records.
• Prepares for, attends, and actively participates in all required sales conferences and training classes at local and/or remote locations.
• Undertakes a program of performance and career development, whether through Pfizer or own initiative, and continually strives to improve knowledge, skills and capabilities.
• Collaborates with Vaccines Account Managers to implement plan for the assigned geographic business and/or managed care business.
• Supports these plans with appropriate literature, samples, and special programs, consistent with Company policies and procedures.
• Creativity to accomplish sales goals is required.
• Effective interpersonal, organizational, communication skills and the ability to advance and influence the acceptance of ideas required.
• Ability to work independently and manage time effectively without close supervision required.
• Working knowledge of sales operations including: data/reports, call planning, and sales tactics preferred.
• BA/BS Degree from an accredited institution
• Ability to travel domestically and stay overnight as necessary
• Valid US driver’s license and a driving record in compliance with company standards
• 1 year of either professional sales experience, work experience in the healthcare/scientific field, professional marketing experience (including internships) or military experience
• Live within 50 miles of territory
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: February 15, 2019
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes
EEO & Employment Eligibility:
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.