BrightStar Care Healthcare Recruiter in Traverse City, Michigan
Are you looking for a rewarding job where you can make a difference in people’s lives? Do you want to work for a company that genuinely cares about you? That’s where you can shine here as the recruiter for our caregiving and nursing staff. We are proud to offer you the opportunity to pursue your passion with the recognition and support you need. Come work for us and see how BrightStar Care of Northern Michigan (“BrightStar Care”) employees uphold A Higher Standard.
What We Offer:
At BrightStar Care we value each of our employees and care about your wellbeing. We strive to provide best-in-class benefits packages, including:
- Exclusive Employee Discount and Gift Programs
- Insurance:* Medical
Generous Paid Time-Off Plans
- Enterprise Champion for Quality 8 YEARS RUNNING!
- Weekly pay w/ direct deposit
- Every BrightStar Care location is independently owned and operated
- We promote from within
- HomeCare Pulse Employer of Choice
Over 95% of BrightStar locations are Joint Commission accredited or in process! Responsibilities
Work with the Franchise Owner and/or Branch Manager on recruiting planning meetings.
- Assist in the creation of job descriptions.
- Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position.
- Efficiently and effectively fill open positions.
- Conduct regular follow-up with management to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Build networks to find qualified passive candidates.
- Post openings in newspaper advertisements, with professional organizations, and in other position appropriate venues.
- Utilize the Internet for recruitment. This includes posting positions to appropriate Internet sources; research new ways of using the Internet for recruitment; use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
- Aid public relations in establishing a recognizable “employer of choice” reputation for the company, both internally and externally.
- Communicate with employees and field staff regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads.
- Attend local professional meetings and membership development meetings.
- Maintain regular contact with possible future candidates.
- Coordinate recruiting initiatives.
- Attend career fairs for recruiting and company recognition.
- Give presentations, attend group meetings, and increase awareness of the company before and after career fairs.
- Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements.
- Conduct prescreening interviews.
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Performing reference and background checks for potential employees.
- Assist in writing and forwarding rejection letters.
- Maintaining all employee credentialing to include but not limited to; background screenings, drug screenings and reference checks Assist in preparing and sending new employee orientation packages and on-boarding new hires.
- A bachelors degree is required or equivalent experience with a high school diploma
- Experience with recruiting, healthcare recruiting a plus.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Skills in database management and record keeping.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
- Ability to travel for recruitment meetings, college visits, and career fairs and maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Gather and analyze information skillfully.
- One to two years of human resources experience required; one to two years of recruiting experience preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred. While this position's main offiice is in Traverse City, there is the possibility of being able to work in Petoskey if desired.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class