Amazon Web Services Business Development, Clinical AI/ML Solutions, WWPS Healthcare Team in Virtual, United States
Do you have a passion for making an impact on the practice of medicine? Are you an expert in the clinical application of AI/ML? Do you want to help shape the AI/ML and analytics technology that is used by health care ISVs and healthcare customers across the globe and work closely with them to drive innovation? Do you have a passion to lead the development of open source solutions that can be adopted by ISV’s, SI’s and, ultimately, the end customer? Do you thrive in a cross-functional environment, working closely with some of the best and brightest in the world?
Join the Amazon Web Services (AWS) World Wide Public Sector (WWPS) Healthcare Industry Team to develop Clinical AI/ML solutions.
Your responsibilities will include engaging with healthcare providers, payors, governments, healthcare ISV’s and system integrators to understand customer needs and requirements for solutions which incorporate AI/ML and advanced analytics. You will work with AWS engineering teams, solution architects, professional services, and AWS partners to develop open source solutions and packaged offerings, assist customer implementations, and drive adoption.
You will have scientific, technical and healthcare training, and experience working with healthcare providers, payors, and health focused government agencies. You should have direct experience delivering solutions which integrate clinical, genomic, medical imaging data from multiple sources.
We are seeking a self-starter who will define and evangelize the unique value propositions of clinical solutions developed and deployed using the full breadth of AWS AI/ML services. The ideal candidate will be experienced in driving programmatic go-to-market initiatives that can be executed at scale. The individual will have the ability to think strategically, act tactically, write effectively, and support all of our healthcare teams as we define go to market capabilities. The candidate must be able to build strong cross-group working relationships and demonstrate exceptional organizational skills. This is a hands-on role with the ideal candidate “rolling up their sleeves,” thinking and moving fast, diving deep, and getting things done.
Candidate must be based near an AWS office location (Washington D.C., Arlington, Seattle, Mountain View).
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship and Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
• Working across AWS, at all levels of the organization, to advance our clinical and medical imaging AI/ML strategy.
• Leading the solution definition, development and delivery of clinical and medical imaging AI/ML solutions
• Engaging AWS ISV and SI partners as they develop and extend clinical AI/ML solutions to enhance provider and patient experiences.
• Creating and supporting strategic business opportunities in the delivery of partner led AI/ML solutions.
• Creating and leading adoption of clinical AI/ML with healthcare providers
• Creating the education programs and materials required to support sales enablement plans.
• Gathering feedback from field teams, partners and customers to drive continuous improvement.
• Providing regular customer and field input to AWS AI/ML engineering teams
• Leading team members, internal and external stakeholders to achieve clinical and business objectives.
• Managing projects and programs in a highly matrixed, global organization.
• Expanding our AWS healthcare knowledge base via documented learning and best practices.
• Managing short-term tactical goals vs long-term strategies.
• 5+ years of experience in AI/ML solution development in medical imaging
• 5+ years of experience in medical practice domains
• Ability to conduct peer-to-peer engagements with CxOs, clinical and scientific leaders.
• More than 10 publications as primary author in peer reviewed journals.
• Membership and leadership positions in professional AI/ML and Medical Imaging organizations.
• Experience in AI/ML, analytics, statistics and data visualization tools.
• Working knowledge and experience in cloud computing, the application of AI/ML in healthcare, imaging, database systems, IoT, etc.
• Experience in clinical, medical imaging, and genomics domains.
• Experience developing AI solutions which have been implemented in healthcare provider, academic and research settings.
• Working knowledge of software development practices, cloud technologies, healthcare data types and source systems, population health workflows, HIPAA, informed consent, and health care regulatory frameworks.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
• Experience communicating with both clinical, business, technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple internal and external teams.
• Education – RN, MD or PhD in a healthcare domain
• Track record in helping healthcare organizations transform clinical and operational practice using AI/ML
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build a tactical plan for solution development and the accompanying go-to-market.
• Ability to author narratives, analysis scenarios, go to market and business plans.
• Solid understanding of the multiple facets of the healthcare ecosystem (eg providers, researchers, regulatory, healthcare ISV’s)
• Track record of leading and driving multiple complex initiatives to meet clinical and business objectives
• Self-motivated, action-oriented, multi-tasking individual with strong attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization designed to scale.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs