CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP Controller - Healthcare/Dental (Shared Service Center) in United States
CLA is searching for a Controllerto join our Outsourcing-Shared Service Center team in our Plano*, TX* office.
This individual will be working closely with Health Care and Dental organizations including, but not limited to Physician & Dental Practices and Clinics. Outsourcing is a key strategic growth area of the firm, and the individual in this role will have the unique opportunity to work with the practice CFO to help build this business from the ground up. The candidate should possess an entrepreneurial mindset whereby s/he can identify opportunities to help clients achieve their own objectives. In addition, s/he should be passionate about being part of CLA’s growth strategy by helping build a robust and efficient outsourcing practice. This position will be part of a progressive, flexible work environment that allows s/he to shape their own career as the outsourcing practice grows.
You might be wondering "what is outsourcing?"
CLA’s outsourcing practice provides customized short and long-term finance and accounting services to our clients so they can focus on managing their organizations.
Now you're thinking "is this a contract position"?
No! Our team members who work in our Outsourced Accounting practice are regular full time employees of CLA. This role is not temporary or project based. We have large client base whom we provide ongoing accounting support for and we are growing!
- Develops internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
- Coordinates and directs the financial planning, budgeting, procurements, or investment activities for all or part of an organization.
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of accounting and other financial staff, recommending and implementing actions.
- Prepare financial information.
- Advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
- Prepare, or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Evaluate needs for procurement of funds and investment of surpluses and make appropriate recommendations.
- Develop full knowledge of GAAP (FASB/SFAS) and deep understanding of financial and operational aspects of his/her specific industry.
- Maintains knowledge of client’s organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of accounting software packages.
- Experience: Minimum seven years relative work experience as an Accounting Manager, Controller, or equivalent for Controller work.
- Healthcare or Dental industry experience is desired
- Experience with Medicare/Medicaid cost reimbursement a plus
- Revenue cycle analysis experience a plus
- Education: BA/BS degree in accounting or related field required.
- Certification: CPA or CMA is strongly preferred.
- Leadership experience; ability to lead and train team
- QuickBooks expertise a plus or some other integrated software system
- Ability to periodically travel to client sites
- Experience working with multiple practices in a shared service format
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our communities. We are a proud equalopportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Clickhere to learn about your hiring rights.
- Posted 6 Days Ago
- Full time