Cardinal Health Healthcare Product/Service Design Lead (Fuse by Cardinal Health) in United States
Note: Relocation is NOT required for this position. This role can work fully remote, including after return to office due to COVID.
Fuse by Cardinal Health
Fuse is on a mission to reimagine healthcare. Our focus on technology, design and a product mindset will help drive that mission and establish Cardinal Health as a leader in healthcare technology. The Fuse vision is to be a catalyst to help Cardinal Health become healthcare’s most trusted partner, scale innovation with clear alignment to business strategy and growth and launch new businesses and products.
Our innovation culture and modern product development teams power the evolution of our commercial products and spark the creation of new businesses and products. Our strong product orientation and working model enable innovation on commercial technologies by focusing externally on customers and users first, integrating multi-disciplinary teams to bring business strategy to life, and “InFusing” collaborative and agile ways of working into the Cardinal Health culture.
At Fuse, you’ll have the chance to design the future of healthcare. If you’re a versatile experience designer - comfortable understanding peoples’ worlds, mapping their journeys, coaxing out ideas to improve things and turning them into compelling experiences - you’ll want to throw your hat in the ring.
The space is exploding with the convergence of new service models, technologies, health sector shifts, and a growing demand for open access to health information. Expectations are higher than ever for simple, useful, and delightful experiences as more people find their real and digital worlds interwoven - software, hardware technologies seamless blending with the people and spaces that serve their needs. It’s a landscape ripe for thoughtful design collaboration across many disciplines to create next generation products and services.
We’re looking for a driven designer with experience in healthcare who’s excited to craft products and services people will be passionate about - a coveted team member, creative, nimble, with a deep respect for the details.
- Lead product teams to deeply understand customer/user behavior, pain points, desires.
- Articulate experience challenges and opportunities in the clinical workflow space.
- Create low and high-fidelity designs and prototypes for new products and services.
- Relentlessly consider the whole system and each detail from the user’s perspective.
- Explain your design rationale to non-designers and build understanding of the vision.
- Collaborate to orchestrate the many functions needed to deliver a designed experience.
- Pick the most important battles to add value for users/customers.
- Clearly identify assumptions and work to creatively test them.
- Respond to quantitative and qualitative learning with each experiment.
- Sketch the new boxes inside of which later generations will be thinking.
- BS/MS degree in human factors, design, psychology, sociology or equivalent experience preferred.
- 7+ years of experience designing products and/or services in a human-centered approach.
- 3+ years designing in healthcare, ideally for practitioner-facing solutions like EHRs, benefits investigation, etc.
- Familiarity with pharmacy and oncology concepts and vocabulary is a definite plus.
- A clear grasp of experience design best practices for digital and real-world touchpoints.
- IA, journey mapping, blueprinting, and interaction design chops and proficiency with relevant tools.
- Proven visual design and creative development skills.
- Experience facilitating user research, service prototyping and usability testing.
- Great visual, verbal and written communication skills in service of storytelling.
- Comfort designing within a modern product/service design lifecycle.
- A conversant understanding of strategy, operations, and technology behind healthcare businesses.
- An ability to guide team members and stakeholders through a design thinking mindset.
- Willingness to travel (once that’s safe again) for research to customer/user sites and occasional design workshops/team activities that require in-person attendance (<10%).
Anticipated Pay Range: $101,100 - 168,500
Bonus Eligible: Yes
Benefits: Health insurance, 401k Contributions, Paid Time Off, Vacation, STD/LTD, etc.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs