Waste Management Healthcare Sales Executive in United States
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
*I. Job Summary*
The position is responsible for developing new business for the PharmEcology and WM Sustainability Services offerings to the healthcare industry. The individual will prospect without leads developing a pipeline of opportunities, initiating contact with potential customers to promote our products and services.
The individual will overcome roadblocks and objections, utilize strong negotiations skills to find mutually acceptable price and contract terms. They will re-engage prior customers to convert to signed business contracts leading to revenue growth.
Key Accounts will include Integrated Delivery Networks and large hospitals, calling on manager/director level and above decision makers.
*II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Maintain a high level of relevant domain knowledge to have effective conversations with prospects and provide feedback to management on market trends, competitive threats, and unmet customer needs.
- Develop and maintain territory plans which outline how sales targets will be met on an ongoing basis.
- Drive the entire sales cycle from prospecting, initial customer engagement to closed sales and contracting through service delivery, by establishing a trusted advisor relationship.
- Prospect without leads for qualified potential customers using various direct methods such as cold calling, emailing, and video conferencing, occasional face to face meetings, and indirect methods such as external networking using social media, LinkedIn, trade shows, conferences and reverse expos.
- Develop and articulate compelling value proposition to prospects in proposals, RFP responses and presentations by phone or video conference to senior managers, directors, and decision makers.
- Use Waste Management sales productivity software tools accurately and consistently (i.e. Salesforce.com/Customer Relationship Management and Pricing Tools) to provide sales forecasts.
- Work with technical/operations staff to proactively address customer needs.
- Support other sales team members on larger opportunities, collect on past due accounts when instructed and participate in special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
*III. Supervisory Responsibilities*
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Business Administration, Marketing, or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Experience: Five (5) years of previous healthcare/ healthcare solutions executive level sales experience (in addition to education requirement)
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Ability to defuse customer cancellation requests to maintain revenue levels, and/or complex negotiations skills required.
*V. Work Environment*
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Additionally, travel is required for up to 75% of the time.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the workday.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely.
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely.
- Normal setting for this job is an office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.
Title: Healthcare Sales Executive
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 21004129
- Waste Management Jobs