OM Halyard Inc Byram Healthcare Collector, Associate in White Plains, New York
At Owens & Minor, we are a critical part of the healthcare process. As a Fortune 500 company with 50 facilities across the US and 18, 000 teammates in over 90 countries, we provide integrated technologies, products and services across the full continuum of care. Customersand their patientsare at the heart of what we do.
Our mission is to empower our customers to advance healthcare, and our success starts with our teammates.
Owens & Minor benefits are applicable to Full Time Regular and Permanent Teammates, and include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, available on first working day
- 401(k), eligibility after 30 days of employment
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Development opportunities to grow your career with a global company
Services the needs of our customers by accurately billing customer accounts, assuring timely remittance, and taking immediate action on issues that involve account integrity. Follows-up with payers to facilitate uninterrupted cash flow.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Answers questions from customers, clerical staff, and insurance companies. Identifies and resolves patient billing complaints.
- Handles customer collection calls. Documents activities in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system in an efficient accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures billing activity is handled correctly. Evaluates and secures the needed prescriptions, PAs and medical justifications to facilitate payment of claims for initial and review/appeals payments.
- Prepares and reviews clean claims for submission to various insurances either electronically or by paper.
- Provides feedback to Group Team Lead regarding issues regarding accounts.
- Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associates Degree required or 5 years equivalent experience
- One or more years of Customer Service experience required
- Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency; consults with senior peers on non-complex projects
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Must have the ability to practice proper phone and email etiquette
- Skilled in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Familiar with medical terminology and insurances i.e. HCPC/ICD-9 codes
- Ability to edit and resubmit claims for payment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Outlook
- Conducts routine tasks as directed; works under clearly defined guidelines
- Contributes to specific objectives and outcomes as directed
- Little or no traveling required (less than 10%)
- Ability to work extended hours on occasion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin physical or mental handicap, disability, age or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era.
If you feel this opportunity could be the next step in your career, we encourage you to apply.
Owens & Minor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, disability, age, status as a veteran, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Note: Owens & Minor is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our Company via email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our Company. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by our Company as a result of the referral or through other means.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity