Alvarez and Marsal (Associate) Director (m/f/d) - Healthcare & Life Sciences Consulting in Zurich, Switzerland
Privately held since its founding in 1983, Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a leading global professional services firm that provides advisory, business performance improvement and turnaround management services. A&M’s European Healthcare & Life Sciences (HLS) team offers expertise and a “take-action” approach to dramatically improve performance and unlock the promise of top and bottom line results across the medical device, biotechnology, and pharmaceutical industries. We uniquely blend world-class consulting talent with senior operational executives from industry to address and activate change, execute corporate and business unit strategies, align organizational structures, integrate acquisitions, accelerate innovation and product launches, improve efficiency in manufacturing, supply chains, and distribution, and always focus on drive profitable growth.
HLS works with clients across Europe and the globe to:
- Drive revenue and share growth through commercial strategy implementation, direct and indirect channel management, compensation design, pricing and contracting control, and salesforce effectiveness
- Accelerate innovation and product launches through cross-functional process design, commercial and product organizational alignment, R&D investment criteria, and facilitating new technology exploration
- Increase profitability through pricing maximization, improving manufacturing and procurement processes, maintaining SG&A cost controls, facilitating restructuring and synergies, and improving product line mix distribution and selling
- Improve cash flowthrough price and profit maximization, working capital improvement, inventory and supply chain processes, capital expenditure controls, and developing strategies for tax, debt, and shareholder dividend management
- Increase overhead efficiency through shared services alignment and process improvements across Human Resources, Procurement, Finance, IT, and other critical business support functions
- Lead and/or support business transformation as interim senior management, post-merger integration execution, scenario planning, and through organisational and operating model redesign
Qualifications, experience, and academics preferred
HLS is a newly established business within A&M Europe, which will leverage and assimilate existing capability at A&M, predominantly in the Corporates and Private Equity channels to market. Above all else, successful candidates for this line of business will demonstrate entrepreneurial flair, be innovative and self sufficient, can absolutely thrive in ambiguity, and can generate and capitalise on opportunities as they arise (internally across A&M as well as with clients). These opportunities will be richly forthcoming, but it will be incumbent on the HLS team to maximise the value that they offer.
For our rapidly growing team in Zurich, Munich, Hamburg, Düsseldorf or Frankfurtwe are looking to hire a
(Associate) Director (m/f/d) - Healthcare & Life Sciences Consulting
The appointee(s) will have a tight grasp on Healthcare trends and challenges in areas such as Salesforce CRM implementation, sales compensation and commissions design, R&D innovation investment, contracting and pricing, manufacturing operations and shared services. Across the Health and Life Sciences spectrum it is anticipated that initial focus will be on the Medical Tech, Medical Device and Biotech sectors, with ambition to grow pharmaceutical clients in the mid to long term maturity of the business.
Successful candidates (m/f/d) will be able to demonstrate the following credentials:
- Several years’ experience, with the above outlined blend of corporate line management and advisory experience
- Experience and, consequently, a robust network across the European HCL industry
- Clear determination to deliver the latest thinking in retail solutions within a highly competitive advisory marketplace
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging, and unpredictable environment.
- Industry depth with a focus on the sectors listed above. Expertise in the pharmaceuticals sector will be considered, if transferable
- Excellent financial acumen and programme/project management skills
- Demonstrable experience in a successful business transformation process, with an instrumental and identifiable role in the success
- Quality control/Regulatory/Clinical/Medical Education credentials will be considered a distinct bonus
The preferred candidate (m/f/d) will have a Master’s degree from an accredited university and ideally a combination of advisory and corporate experience. Strong experience of either, however, will be considered. Fluency in German and English is a requirement, other language skills like French are more than welcome.
- Strong facilitation skills, forging consensus around credible, executable solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, confident presenter.
- Objective, fact-based approach to problem solving.
- Hands-on and non-hierarchical operator who is equally effective in managing up and down and relates well at all levels and cultures.
- Driven by values and integrity, talks straight, builds confidence and leads by example.
- The ability to manage a multiple stakeholder environment within a privately-owned business.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Senior Talent Acquisition Manager, David Beger, 0049 (69) 710 487 126.
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
- Posted 18 Days Ago
- Full time